Anyone else seeing a drop in views in July? Normally I see an increase this time of year.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
In previous years July has always been the start of a growing trend for my channel. But that started early this year back in April. I was expecting an even greater boost in July, but the exact opposite has happened. My views have stared a slow decline since the beginning of the month. I am just wondering if any else is seeing a similar pattern?

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
In previous years July has always been the start of a growing trend for my channel. But that started early this year back in April. I was expecting an even greater boost in July, but the exact opposite has happened. My views have stared a slow decline since the beginning of the month. I am just wondering if any else is seeing a similar pattern?
I think it's because the lockdowns have ended in most of the world and summer is now here. - During the lockdown, people watched way more YouTube than usual just to pass the time but now that lockdown is over, they're a bit sick of it and actually want to go outside. :)

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
Yes i think it's due to Corona that views spiked in April and May. My views were also higher then. Now it's stable and started to rise a little in July.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually top in June. Due to corona postponing the travel season I think my peak will be August instead this year. But ye, I think corona messes with a lot of stats. Traveltubers lost a lot of views, where as a lot of other niches gained.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's defiantly the lock down effecting things. My channel got a MASSIVE boost during March to May and even a decent but smaller boost in June. This far into July I'm up 60% compared to July last year and still the July numbers will end up beaning like 50% of the March and April numbers and historically for my channel July is better than March and April.