Any tips to help me be more consistent?

jslreview

Member
Hey everyone! I started my YouTube channel about 2 months ago, and I just uploaded only my fourth video. Anyone have any advice on how I can manage my time better to be a more consistent content provider? How do you guys plan out your videos, decide on when to film, when to upload, etc? Thanks!
 
We have a very tight schedule because friday nights are the only time periods that line up for us. What we've done in effort to create close to daily content is,

Friday 1: Make 15 very low effort videos (raw unedited "daily video" stuff)

Friday 2: Make 2 high effort videos (Anything to draw in new audiences. Must be edited decently)

Firday 3: Make 1 very high effort video (Something entertaining to put on the wall of fame on our channel. Takes a lot of editing time and planning)

Next step, post 15 videos over 5 videos per week for 3 weeks, and put the 2 high effort and 1 very high effort videos on the saturdays for those weeks. Repeat cycle.

Essentially the advice is, plan a schedule you know you can keep up with. Include times in the week to edit and upload, make thumbnails etc. Then stick to it. I also find if you schedule all your videos you tend to be much more consistent, rather than procrastinating till the last minute to upload your videos and then giving up or letting the schedule slide. Perhaps a good place to start is find out what days of the week you get the most views, and planning your videos on those days/times.
 
Its a bit different for me and my type of content. But what drives me is creating and having enough content to put on my website once i launch it and meanwhile i release it on youtube to make money on the side and grow as a brand like prep before going full out with the website.

But for you what i would suggest is just make it a priority in your life since you're passioned about it? I don't know what you do with all your time because i don't know you and your life lol but just decide how many videos you wanna put out is it 1 per week? Then set a day for example new video every friday, make it a priority like a must. Then set a day when you're gonna record it and edit it to have it done by thursday and release it on friday. Through out the rest of the time whenever you got free time you can just work on ideas for videos. Write them down if needed. The more the better. Don't have to make all just write ideas so you're not in that position when its time to film and you're like oh.. what should i film.
 
Thanks so much for the advice! I was a student when I started the channel, and I just graduated not long ago. I have a lot of time now, but I start a new job in early July. Better set aside specific times to devote to content creation. Thanks again!
 
Thanks so much for the advice! I was a student when I started the channel, and I just graduated not long ago. I have a lot of time now, but I start a new job in early July. Better set aside specific times to devote to content creation. Thanks again!
So you'll have like weekends off or whatever thats when you can devote your time to creating editing and releasing. While working and coming home exhausted instead of complaining about boss and thinking how hot that 1 girl that works with you is you can just have a nice beer and write your ideas for youtube :roflmao2:
 
Hey everyone! I started my YouTube channel about 2 months ago, and I just uploaded only my fourth video. Anyone have any advice on how I can manage my time better to be a more consistent content provider? How do you guys plan out your videos, decide on when to film, when to upload, etc? Thanks!

If you already have a full-time job, then know when you can be home to work on your videos. Detail EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of free time you have. Allocate however many of those minutes (I suggest at least 50%) on working on your videos. Break down your video making to different steps, such as recording, scriptwriting, editing, etc. Dedicate a certain percentage of the time you've allocated to video making in accordance to each step. Some steps take longer and some shorter. I know my scriptwriting takes the longest, so I dedicate at least 50% of my allocated video making time just to that. The others split the remaining 50%.

I'll tell you this right now. Your content is great quality. I used to use Grado headphones and your breakdown was great. Hone your speaking skills and you have a top notch review channel. Also, I checked out your tags and notice you can improve it a bit. I suggest looking up and learning about long tail and short tail keywords, such as "grado sr80 review," or "grado headphones pros cons." Best of luck.
 
Back
Top