Any problem with uploading more videos but having low views?

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
What I do is a little different from most YouTubers.
I have loads of videos to uploads. All my music that I own and am letting others to use free.
But because I am new I have low view counts for each video (about 30 to 100 each).
I am not sure if having many videos versus low view counts will affect the overall SEO or rating etc of my channel?

I understand YouTube mainly rewards channels that have higher retention and more view.
With my music, people tend to watch a bit of a video and move on to the next until they find the song that fits for their videos.

Any advice? Should I slow down? Does this have any co-relation to the performance of my channel?
I am concern YouTube will think my videos are not fancied by viewers and in turn promote them a lot less.

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should find out the best SEO (like tags, title, and description) to put into your videos because that is the main thing that YouTube looks at. (Well, not the main thing. But it is important.) Also, to engage audience retention, you can add viewer engagement in the beginning/end of your videos. (I'm not exactly sure how you can do this with the type of channel you have, but be creative :p) I will admit, when you are having this type of channel, it might be hard to get a lot of views, etc; But, what you could do is make different videos maybe talking about what you do and how people can support you. (Like a channel trailer) I myself am struggling with audience retention, too and it is hard for me since I make rants :/

Good luck to you and your channel :D

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not really sure, but could you use other video or a picture slide show to go with the song? I could do a cat and dog video slideshow for you to use if you want to experiment. BTW the song in my signature video (Mercy's Story) uses your song. I PMed you through YYtalk, but I didn't hear back.

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, but could you use other video or a picture slide show to go with the song? I could do a cat and dog video slideshow for you to use if you want to experiment. BTW the song in my signature video (Mercy's Story) uses your song. I PMed you through YYtalk, but I didn't hear back.
Oops I totally missed the private messages. Thanks for using my music.
I thought I'd keep it uniformed so my viewers can stick to finding music as the channel isn't really too much about myself or anything else. I am quite a private person in that sense. I wouldn't know what I should say if I were a YouTuber like most of you. All I know is music. That's a great idea though. Thanks for offering.