Am I allowed to put a "subscribe" annotation in my videos?

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Hey everyone,
I plan on doing quit a few collaborations on my channel over the next while. In these collaboration videos I would like to put an annotation that says "Subscribe to BLANK's channel" with the annotation actually leading to a subscription to the collaborating user's channel. Is that allowed?

Would it be safer to put an annotation that simply links to the user's channel instead of a full blown subscription?

Thanks a lot for the advice!

I don't think it's against the rules to direct link but I would go with the link to the channel. I wouldn't to be press ganged into a subscription but if the channel was good enough most people would be able to find the subscribe button.

I would encourage using those annotations especially when collaborating, its a nice way of helping others out and I wouldn't worry too much about using the subscribe link instead of their channel link, it is completely opt in, if they dont want to and only want to view their channel they can close the popup.

I'd probably use the channel link, just so they can check out their page & content, then subscribe if they want. You could always think of a way to implement both though - get the best of both worlds ;)

Yes, you are allowed. You'll notice that when you go to annotate the video and it lets you put any channel name in there.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I really appreciate posting a question here and being able to get answers so quickly. This forum is such a great resource!

Back