Additional Promotion Required

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I need to promote myself more, but I'm not a spammer, so I post on here. And that's about it.
I don't know what to do, but I know I'm not getting myself enough exposure.

I have an auto-tweet that goes out every time I upload or start streaming on Twitch.

So, I'm guessing I need to get onto MORE forums. Does anybody know of any they'd recommend?

My most common comment is 'I don't know why you don't have more subscribers!' and it's typically because no one knows I'm here! Help me fix that!

I think my content is great and I've covered all the bases I need to. I just need to work on gaining enough exposure that I can experience some natural growth. Ideas, pl0x, kthnxbai.

EDIT: How would I go about USING tumblr. I swear, I don't understand social media at all...

Last edited:

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The best advice I can give is to watch people that are similar to you, and make comments related to their video, without spamming, and be nice to people.

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best advice I can give is to watch people that are similar to you, and make comments related to their video, without spamming, and be nice to people.
Got that. Did that. I need NEW ideas though, not the same repeated statement that everybody tells new YouTubers.
I'm already watching other people's videos, leaving comments, for hours. It's getting a little stale.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I´m guessing that you have used Reddit as well? if you promote the vids on the right places, you might get some exposure!

Reactions: ProfessionalRik

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I´m guessing that you have used Reddit as well? if you promote the vids on the right places, you might get some exposure!
Hmm, very good point. I hear mixed things about Reddit. Some people say it's amazing and others say it's a monster.
Personally, I loaded up the page and felt like I was looking into a space engine. Links, buttons, everywhere.
But you're right, thanks, that would be another place to try.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I need to promote myself more, but I'm not a spammer, so I post on here. And that's about it.
I don't know what to do, but I know I'm not getting myself enough exposure.

I have an auto-tweet that goes out every time I upload or start streaming on Twitch.

So, I'm guessing I need to get onto MORE forums. Does anybody know of any they'd recommend?

My most common comment is 'I don't know why you don't have more subscribers!' and it's typically because no one knows I'm here! Help me fix that!

I think my content is great and I've covered all the bases I need to. I just need to work on gaining enough exposure that I can experience some natural growth. Ideas, pl0x, kthnxbai.

EDIT: How would I go about USING tumblr. I swear, I don't understand social media at all...
Start by making sure your SEO is great. Your tags are not good (people won't find you with those you use) and your description are not good either from a SEO perspective. If you don't promote on all the social platforms (auto upload/post doesn't count) and you don't invest time on finding tags that will rank you, it's a lost cause unfortunately. There's a lot of stickies on improving on these areas, also check Tim Schmoyer videos and do the Creator Academy training to get better.