A new user has subscribed to you on YouTube!

I never knock a subscriber of any kind. The reality is that the vast majority of YouTube accounts belong to subscribers who haven't set up a channel or uploaded any videos. We need the "anonymous" folks, too. :)

Yeah, I have one of those too... but I haven't lost a subscriber yet, so I don't know. I kind've want to know who it is, because I am planning on sending out thank you messages to all of my subs, but I guess it's alright. I think it is legit tho.

so they're accounts without a channel? mm i get it, but still with out a name it looks kind of weird
Yes. When you create a YouTube account now, you don't technically have a channel. They can subscribe to channels and still receive them in their sub boxes though, so you don't have to worry. Honestly I don't know why YouTube even does this.

ok i get it now, i thought the they were people without an account althoug it is impossible to susbcribe without an account, so they are account with out a channel that makes more sense now, oh well. that is somethin new we learn everyday..

If am not mistaken, a YouTube account is just a Google account - ie: You can sign into YouTube with your Gmail email address. So if someone like that signs in and subscribes to your channel, they may not have a channel of their own or any uploaded videos.

Back