A few tips I've learned

SomewhereInWisconsin

Reaction score
Well, I probably won't make it to 1,000 subs by February 20th, but I got pretty close, so I will make it in the next month or so. Only 53 to go. Looking back on the last 8 months or so my channel has grown from about 15 subs all the way up to 947. I never thought it would get traction, but a few videos got me rolling. It is an outdoor/hunting/lifestyle type channel. It's called, Somewhere In Wisconsin.

Some things I've learned over the last 6 months.

First of all, find your niche. Then, good content, leads to views and subs. Good audio makes a difference.

People like the "story" and want to know more about the people, rather than just the adventure.

Aligning titles, tags, video content, and descriptions helps.

Quality thumbnails make a difference.

Sub for subs don't work (because they ultimately are not interested in your content and unsub)

Commenting on videos and live streams does help. I just don't try to push my videos, rather just take part in the conversation.

The first Adsense check feels like free money.

You've got to enjoy editing videos.

Here is to growing in 2018!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well, I probably won't make it to 1,000 subs by February 20th, but I got pretty close, so I will make it in the next month or so. Only 53 to go. Looking back on the last 8 months or so my channel has grown from about 15 subs all the way up to 947. I never thought it would get traction, but a few videos got me rolling. It is an outdoor/hunting/lifestyle type channel. It's called, Somewhere In Wisconsin.

Some things I've learned over the last 6 months.

First of all, find your niche. Then, good content, leads to views and subs. Good audio makes a difference.

People like the "story" and want to know more about the people, rather than just the adventure.

Aligning titles, tags, video content, and descriptions helps.

Quality thumbnails make a difference.

Sub for subs don't work (because they ultimately are not interested in your content and unsub)

Commenting on videos and live streams does help. I just don't try to push my videos, rather just take part in the conversation.

The first Adsense check feels like free money.

You've got to enjoy editing videos.

Here is to growing in 2018!

Nice tips - I've moved this to the tutorials section. :) (The milestones forum is for after you have hit the milestone. :) )

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes finding you niche take a bit of time

tizzer65

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When you say story do you mean to do a vlog every now and then on your channel or just drop it in during your videos?

Aligning titles, tags etc. do you mean to basically write the same thing in there or just use the same keywords? I read somewhere it is important to write different information in these so as not to repeat yourself?

I've been doing the rest I feel with some quality, obviously I need to improve in that sense but I am getting virtually no growth. I have personalized thumbnails, comment often on other videos, I think my audio is good enough definitely not below average.

Any clarity on this would be appreciated.

SomewhereInWisconsin

Reaction score
When you say story do you mean to do a vlog every now and then on your channel or just drop it in during your videos?

Aligning titles, tags etc. do you mean to basically write the same thing in there or just use the same keywords? I read somewhere it is important to write different information in these so as not to repeat yourself?

I've been doing the rest I feel with some quality, obviously I need to improve in that sense but I am getting virtually no growth. I have personalized thumbnails, comment often on other videos, I think my audio is good enough definitely not below average.

Any clarity on this would be appreciated.
Story comment: I think, at least in my niche, people who watch my videos want to get to know me and my dad a little more. So yes, fit in some sort of "you" in every video. If it's a how to video, find a way to bring out your personality so the audience connects to you.

Yes, you should align your tags, title, thumbnail and words you speak in your video. If those align, YouTube knows what your video is about and it will help determine and suggest videos similar to yours. Your goal should be to make sure YouTube knows what your video is about, so they know where and how to push it out to others on a small scale or large scale. If you haven't tried the VidIQ app in Chrome it is helpful to see what other users in your niche are using as tags. Im sure there are other extensions that do this as well, but that is just the one I use right now.

Good luck!

Reactions: tizzer65