4 Ways To Avoid Copyright Strikes

EasyE

In all my time making videos I have only gotten one copyright strike (but thanks to my partnership it was easy to fix!). Copyright strikes basically means using someone else's content in your video without permission. I will share 4 ways to avoid getting a copyright strike!

1. Don't Steal Content

So someone makes a video and gets one million views! Hey, I think I should record that same video and put it on my channel! Should I? Well the answer is NO! Stealing someone else's video will get you a copyright strike and if done multiple times will get your channel banned. Make your own videos! Do not take someone else's videos for your own! If you do that you will get lots of haters! So ALWAYS make your own videos!

2. Music

Like I talked about in a previous thread, be very careful with the music you use in your videos. Don't ever put in songs with lyrics otherwise you will get a copyright strike. Try using royalty free music since it is music made by other people and does not go against copyright strikes. Personally, I NEVER use music in my videos just in case! So it's up to you whether you want to add music or not!

3. Voice/Audio

If the person speaking is not you, then chances are you will get a copyright strike and one nasty message from the real owner! Just use your own voice! If you steal someone else's voice and put it in your video, then your just making life more complicated then it has to be! So always use your own voice and audio, and don't take someone else's voice/audio!

4. Don't Take False Ownership

If you steal a video and claim that it is yours, that will get you into some serious trouble. DON'T EVER claim to be the owner of a video that is NOT yours! Firstly your making yourself look pretty pathetic and secondly it's just plain silly! You know what's yours, so keep it and don't take someone's credit!

So if you follow the 4 ways, you should be good and ready to go! No one likes copyright strikes and it is very easy to avoid them! Hope this helps! Peace!

I like all the things you mentioned, although there is one more thing I thought of, using copyrighted pictures or fonts in thumbnails, If you go on font websites like dafont and you end up using Orange Juice in one of your thumbnails, there is a possiblility you could get a strike if the creator of Orange Juice saw it.

Back