Animation 3d animator looking for collaboration

Tomasi1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have 3 years experience in 3d animation I am looking for people to share the work load on major project including voice actors and artist.

Calpgrmr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Greetings.

I just joined the forum today, and am looking at posts to get ideas...

Were you able to find what you were looking for?

I've been using text-to speech sites like acapela-box and oddcast for dialog - but obviously would love real actors.

Anyway - good luck with everything - maybe we'll cross paths sometime.

Cal

Tomasi1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, well I am always looking to work with others. Do you have a link that you can send me so I can see what your channel is like. And using robot voices it happens to us all I have actually been using a text to speech voice anytime I have an alien charter that way it is ok if they sound a nit off and I can stretch out the cast

Tomasi1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I looked at your channel, So I checked out your channel and I do have some questions and some ideas to improve your animation if you are up for it. First what type of software are you using? I would guess blender.
Also are you whiling to lean different software?

Somethings that will improve your videos. you need to give your characters facel emotions, the voices are ok but everyone has a poker face. Also every video should tell a story. Having a 15 sec clip of one motion will not draw people in.

Calpgrmr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Thank you for your time - I noticed activity on my channel and figured it was you.

You are correct - I use Blender. It has just been a hobby (I'm a software engineer).

I started added more facial expressions in the last few videos, especially the episodes of "Roses" called "When Mary Gets Back", "Mary's Back - Part 2" and "Mary Part 3".

Again, thank you.

Tomasi1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sure I am always up for acting like I know what I am doing. Personally I am not a huge fan of Blender. Ok the truth is I hate blender. It is a huge time waster. Last year I made this video to show how much faster other programs are to use

Blender purists will scorn me but what ev's

Calpgrmr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
Yeah, I looked at your channel too. Noticed that you like Daz - and copper wire.

Years ago, I tried to write my own animation studio - using DirectX.

It was quite daunting and I set it aside for several years. Then I decided to try again and needed some 3D models to work with. That's when I stumbled into Blender. I gave up on my project, and never looked back.

I - and it seems a lot of people - agree, Blender is quite "clunky" and maybe too detailed and powerful at times. Apparently it is quite good and photo-realistic images, but I like to animate, so I use Blender 2.79 internal renderer, since my videos are meant to look more "cartoony".

If you have the time, could you describe anything that you did that you feel caused people to view and subscribe?

Let's keep an eye on each other. Thanks, Cal

Tomasi1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ave up on my project, and never looked back.

Well I think the best thing to do for you would be a lot of reddit shares. My favorite place to share youtube links it r/funny. there is a hi volume of viewers and not every share is a victory but there is the possibility it can go really well. Also look for animation sub reddits or anything that catches your eye. I would stay a way from the You tube Facebook pages. they are just a bunch of people saying they will subscribe your channel your channel if you subscribe to their's but they never follow through on it.

Reactions: Calpgrmr

Calpgrmr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
On the subject of "story telling" ...

That's the reason I joined this forum. I'm always searching for a punch line.

Eventually, I would like to find someone with short story ideas, preferably comedy, advertising or education.

Attachments