• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

20 subs...and I told people about my channel. finally.

Did you tell people about your Youtube channel when you first started?

  • Yes

    Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 42.9%

  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .

pcastro51

Well-Known Member
So I've had my channel for a year and a half now. In that year and a half I've posted 9 videos. Am I surprised it never grew? No haha.

But this month, I decided, for my tenth video, I'll start fresh, privatize all my previous videos, and I'll actually TELL my friends and family about my youtube channel.

I was sh*tting bricks, to say the least, when I shared my video to them. But turns out, they were all really supportive, and now I feel like an idiot for not doing that in the first place.

I just wanted to share that here, just in case anyone else is in the same position I was in. Not only was it a milestone for me that I got 25 subs, but I also overcame my fear of putting myself out there and showing my work to those I feel like matter the most in my life, which is another milestone.

And now I've never felt more motivated to reach out to others and share my work, be consistent in my work, and to support other dreamers out there who may be struggling with the same fear as me.

If that's you, feel free to chat with me. If not, well then, thanks for reading this haha.
 
Id imagine it would be a weight lifted. My friends/family still do not know. I only started back in March, I kinda wanted to see where it headed before I made a decision. Having people support you in your venture will only make it easier.
 
I didn't tell people because I just barely started and had like 5 subs so I didn't want it to look like a waste of time to them. I finally told them once I had 50 subs. it's nice to have the support tbh I agree
 
I didn't tell people because I just barely started and had like 5 subs so I didn't want it to look like a waste of time to them. I finally told them once I had 50 subs. it's nice to have the support tbh I agree

Same. I was embarrassed to tell them since I only had 12 subs haha. But having support from people I knew makes me care so much more about my channel. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493327823,1493327803][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congrats on your 20 subs and congrats about spreading the word about your channel!
Thanks man! I appreciate it. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493327984][/DOUBLEPOST]
Id imagine it would be a weight lifted. My friends/family still do not know. I only started back in March, I kinda wanted to see where it headed before I made a decision. Having people support you in your venture will only make it easier.

Yeah, I had the same thought before. I wanted to see how my channel would grow on it's own without me telling anyone, but because I wasn't really committed, it never really took off.
Good luck on your Youtube journey Chris. I hope it works out for you better than it did for me haha.
 
I still haven't officially told anyone but over the years, slowly everyone started finding out. I wasn't hiding it per say but didn't really feel the need to self advertise. nonetheless, it's no biggie b/c eventually if you do enough videos, people will notice. good job.
 
I think we all have an initial fear of sharing our new channels, because we fear it looks silly or is a pointless effort because we have no subs or views. I was "outed" by a friend who screamed all over my Facebook wall "OMGYOUHAVEACOOKINGSHOW??!!!!??"

Turns out it was the best thing that could have happened. Your friends and family love you and WANT to support your efforts. Whatever that is. I think we *all* forget that sometimes when vanity sets in. Yeah, we all want to just one day bust out and say "YEAH, I DO YOUTUBE AND I HAVE 20k SUBSCRIBERS, SO HUSH!" But it just doesn't work that way. :-)

Congrats on your hard work and renewed commitment to your channel. I can hear the excitement in your voice! That's good!!
 
I think we all have an initial fear of sharing our new channels, because we fear it looks silly or is a pointless effort because we have no subs or views. I was "outed" by a friend who screamed all over my Facebook wall "OMGYOUHAVEACOOKINGSHOW??!!!!??"

Turns out it was the best thing that could have happened. Your friends and family love you and WANT to support your efforts. Whatever that is. I think we *all* forget that sometimes when vanity sets in. Yeah, we all want to just one day bust out and say "YEAH, I DO YOUTUBE AND I HAVE 20k SUBSCRIBERS, SO HUSH!" But it just doesn't work that way. :)

Congrats on your hard work and renewed commitment to your channel. I can hear the excitement in your voice! That's good!!

Yeah, you echoed my old hesitations precisely. Thanks for your support! :)
 
Congratulations on 20 subscribers! My family new I was going to make a channel before I even made a channel. My family is really supportive of my channel, they helped me out with getting some of the equipment I needed because it can really expensive. I'm really thankful for how supportive they are!
 
Congratulations on 20 subscribers! My family new I was going to make a channel before I even made a channel. My family is really supportive of my channel, they helped me out with getting some of the equipment I needed because it can really expensive. I'm really thankful for how supportive they are!

That's great Courtney! It's indescribable to have support in starting a Youtube channel. :)
 
Back
Top