• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

1k Hours of Watch Time

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Awesome, well done! Seems like your content is great for people to watch while they're cycling or running indoors. Keep it up!

crazy-logic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
That really impressive. 1K watch hours with 150 subs and 15k views, is a very very good watch time to view/sub count.

What camera are you using / colour grading are you applying as the colours in your videos are really nice to my eyes?

LearningStuff

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
That really impressive. 1K watch hours with 150 subs and 15k views, is a very very good watch time to view/sub count.

What camera are you using / colour grading are you applying as the colours in your videos are really nice to my eyes?
Thanks! Yea it's been a struggle to build up my sub count. But I will keep at it. At the rate I am going at I will reach the 4k hour mark well before the 1k sub count. We'll see what happens this year with restrictions slowly being lifted, my view time may actually take a dip.

I think a lot of the view time is due to the nature of the length of my videos. They are averaging about 15-30 minutes long. Some are 40+ minutes.

I am using a GoPro Hero 7 black most of the time. Always for the bike rides. I have used my Samsung Galaxy S10 in a pinch for some of the walk-around videos.

One thing I did right away on the GoPro is set the white balance to manual, I believe I keep it at around 5500K which really dictates the color profile. It's really distracting in videos when the white balance is set to auto which which can change the colors around a little on the fly.

I just use iMovie to edit my videos, I always increase the saturation just a little bit. I basically eyeball simple edits (saturation, brightness/contrast etc). The controls they have aren't too sophisticated.

Reactions: crazy-logic

GertrudBobGastonBob

Reaction score
I am sure this post has touched all the internet people, its really really fastidious article on building up new blog.