YTTalker had his videos used on TV without permission!

Wow, I can't believe they didn't get permission!

If I was him, I would sue!

I was gonna come here and be one of those assholes who says "Get over it", but when you say that it was getting you backlash, accusing you to being apart of this murder case AND them cropping your watermark out? That's the dirty s**t I draw the line at. Sue their asses.

Isnt fair use out there for protecting critics and reviews and so on? Used in such a way. If those video's are just shown "as an example" and nothing more, that not fair use, since rather than making your own example and showing, you just took someone else's work to showcase it?

The worst thing, from my opinion, is that, the could at least have asked? You know that thing, when you open your mouth and wiggle the tongue, it helps so much to prevent bs like this:
A: hey , we are.... and we would like to use this and this for this reason, is that okay?
B: Yes, sure / No, thank you
A: Great, have a nice day

DONE!

This is the part that I don't understand. They are making a TV show. They should be incurring all of the costs necessary to create that program. If they need a particular 'b-roll' as is being reported, shouldn't they be paying for the use of that material?

Man, taking the footage without permission AND editing out his watermark? That's how you know they're being sneaky and not just forgetting to check up on things. Super not cool.

I was talking to him about this just two days ago, its crappy of them to crop his watermark out too, its obviously a very deliberate attempt to not give him credit for his work at all. They definitely should have gotten proper permission/licenses considering theyre a TV company.

Back