Youtubers 18-22: how do you manage to grow while grinding through college?

I've clawed my way to 21 on the unlinked account, but still not really much to brag about lol that seems pessimistic though, you don't think there are better ways of handling a stressful situation than quitting?

I've clawed my way to 21 on the unlinked account, but still not really much to brag about lol that seems pessimistic though, you don't think there are better ways of handling a stressful situation than quitting?
There are but it shouldn't be stressful. If it makes you stressed at 20 or so subs its probably not the right hobby for you.

Yeah. 20 subs isn't that much. You barely have a fanbase. You should be more concerned about doing youtube as a hobby and maybe promotion. Your friends don't have faith in you because you have a few subs. My friends weren't faithful either when I had 80. It would be different if you had a huge fanbase but... In college I have so much freetime like everyone else and I have 18 credit hours this semester. You have to learn the art of balance.

All my classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays, so when I'm done doing school work for those days I take time to relax and maybe do a vlog. When I have to buckle down for a serious project, however, (like a short film, music video, etc), it takes a lot more time management and can be a little more stressful.
Like I said above, its all about time management and making a personal schedule for yourself. :)
Best of luck!

Yeah, maybe you guys are right. I don't intend to quit making the gaming videos, but it makes no sense to make that channel my active focus when music is what I'm better at. And what university do you guys go to where everyone has so much time??? My entire circle of friends has to coordinate a week in advance if we wanna spend a couple of hours together because everyone is so swamped. Granted, most of us are honors, so we also have to write a thesis and do 24 hours of community per semester, but that's not even what eats away our downtime. Before now I've never heard people so unanimously agree that school doesn't take up much time xD

I usually wait for an empty day then make a few videos and editing half of them so that I can schedule them through the week.

With a job internship (I'm 19, fyi) I stay away from my house almost 12 hours a day. I usually prepare everything on weekdays evening, and record on the weekend. My schedule helps too, releasing a video at least every two weeks give a lot of time to work

I created my channel during winter break, and throughout my years of experience, I developed a simple but beautiful artwork called "the mists".

Much of the content I create is done using my phone. I actually don't need a powerful video editor due to time constraints. I often use Windows Movie Maker.

The last summer was boring, but pretty much worth it. I made over 150 short video animations for future releases. It would usually only take me an hour to compile the video. I never do gaming on my phone.

Back