Youtube will keep changing just as life does so why not adapt?

Do you care about the youtube lay out change

• Total voters

Jashgreen96

Im your private dancer dancer for money im serious
I just wanted to make a LONG POST about this since people are consistently complaining about the layout changes this wont be a post were i am telling you that you have no right to complain because you do and your complaints are completely justified you are the users and content creators without you there would be no you in the tube. Though from where i stand,all in all complaining about the one channel layout is pointless, google is not going to listen to you especially when there have been studies that show with each layout change youtube has gotten a significant increase in views for there website and more views equals more money, not that the increase in views specifically correlates or has anything to do with the layout but as long as you keep coming back be prepared for several more layout changes. I really shouldn't cite this because i dont remember exactly where it is that i read the article but when i do i will be sure to post a link to it.

Anyways here goes, nothing stays the same forever if it did people would become uninterested with it, to be quite honest people would also complain if the layout were to stay the same as it is now you can't please everyone, i really do feel without the consistent layout changes that people would become bored of youtube and eventually wander onto another site, yes yes i know some of you are probably saying "well i go to youtube for the content", well in rebuttal to that no human is the same i personally know people that have stopped using youtube because they had gotten bored with the current layout ridiculous maybe but thats besides the point.From what i've seen the layout changes somewhat entice new people who did not browse youtube before to become interested in the site as i stated above this does not have to be the specific reason but in actuality it is quite plausible.People have somewhat of an agist mentality when it comes to everything and that includes youtube"The layout isnt fresh anymore im so bored" yea i've actually read comments like that on youtube videos you may say "well who needs that type of audience anyways we dont want these people on youtube" well google does because these people make them come on say it with me "Money" which is there main goal, google wants to consistently increase there ad revenue and what company wouldn't. Also in a way the layout changes give people something to talk about"Complain about" and they enjoy this because it is in fact a conversation starter and when people talk about youtube to there friends families and associates other people who may not have heard about the site or were iffy about it may check out the content and become addicted like the rest of us, so when it comes down to it we some what gain entertainment from complaining about the layout and they get publicity which is somewhat of a win win right. A new layout equals more conversations about youtube which in the end will guarantee them some new views. From what i've seen the layout changes also somewhat bring youtubers together even if its in an attempt to overthrow "internet tyranny" and i don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.

Am i the only one who finds it quite ironic how people are currently saying they love the cosmic panda layout which we have now while when it was first introduced everyone hated it, it takes time for people to adjust im assuming, eventually will all hear how everyone loves this new layout how amazing it is and how they cant believe they ever lived without it and then the cycle will repeat itself when youtube decides to introduce something else in the next couples of years *cough* i mean year and it will most likely go something like this "no we love the one channel layout frig this new umwokpopo layout!" I dont know why human beings are so scared of change it is something we face on a daily basis in our lives is the layout change really that infuriating, you can still post your videos and subscribe to other people you know basic youtube functions and everything is functioning..... well everything is functioning as well as youtube ever functions .-. So in the end is the layout truely that detrimental to your life or existence?Do you feel it is truely harming you and your subscribers or are you just jumping on the "i hate whenever youtube changes things bandwagon." Do remember that this was the first youtube layout and what a far way it has come, can you say that you would really be happy with this?
In this day and age were graphic design has truly advanced miles ahead of what it used to be in 2005 im sure youtube would have gone obsolete by now or maybe be completely run by hipsters who hate things when there popular but love them when they are not. Im sure several new comers would run in the opposite direction saying"the design isn't up to our standards come on its 2013 what is this"? If the layout were the same as it was in 2005.

images
<------ youtube 2005 not shabby not shabby at all but this in 2013?
Project_Report_YouTube_Home_Page_9272_9503.jpg
<-----Youtube 2010
New-Youtube-Design-2011.jpg
<---- Youtube 2011 I Actually really liked the cosmic panda background :p

images
<----Youtube 2013 I dont really mind this it could be because of IJustine but i digress.

One last thing
I also i see that alot of people are complaining about losing there channel background but does that really so much effect your content? I get the "you're losing your individuality argument" but cant your content show people your personality, your interest and whatever it is that you're about? If people are only subscribing to you because you have an awesome background i wouldnt really see that as a accomplishment not that i have any subscribers it must be because of my horrible background. :p

I hope to keep this discussion literate and educated and hopefully this thread doesn't get closed because of arguing so what do you guys truely think?
Im neutral and i do not care one way or the other i already have a banner made for when my channel gets forced to switch to the one layout.

To somewhat diffuse what i said above here are two funnyish gifs.
images
new-youtube-layout_o_959661.jpg

Before you say oh god not this again please take the time to read the whole thing and actually hear me out, instead of making some incoherent under thought out comment because it will guarantee you a few likes okay im done now. :D
I edited it i knew there would be several comments completely irrelevant to what it was that i posted! xD i thought it was gonna be short but I type really fast and i read really fast soooo in my head it was short......

People won't be over the new layout until like, a week or two after it's forced lol.
It seems like most of the channels I've seen lately are are already switched over. At this point, I'm actually surprised when I click on a channel and it happens to be the old layout. But maybe that's just my experience :confused: I like it personally and have since day 1.

It seems like most of the channels I've seen lately are are already switched over. At this point, I'm actually surprised when I click on a channel and it happens to be the old layout. But maybe that's just my experience :confused: I like it personally and have since day 1.
Same here. :)

tl;dr. But I agree...

Seriously though:
If people wouldn't spent their time and energy on thinking about what they are loosing, and instead focus on what new possibilities arise every time something changes, they could actually get ahead.

And I should be the one being p****d about this update. I had the idea to use the featured video to make an introduction video targeted at new visitors waaaaay before One Channel was announced, but never got around to making it. Now YouTube has given that idea away and everyone has a trailer. Everyone but me, cause I still didn't have the time to make one... :dead2:

tl;dr. But I agree...

Seriously though:
If people wouldn't spent their time and energy on thinking about what they are loosing, and instead focus on what new possibilities arise every time something changes, they could actually get ahead.

And I should be the one being p****d about this update. I had the idea to use the featured video to make an introduction video targeted at new visitors waaaaay before One Channel was announced, but never got around to making it. Now YouTube has given that idea away and everyone has a trailer. Everyone but me, cause I still didn't have the time to make one... :dead2:
Its Okay I haven't made one either. I have an idea of what I am going to do, but laziness and procrastination just seem to over run me at times lol.

Back