YouTube vs A real job

I hope that someday I won't have to get a real job and just do youtube for a living. Maybe not forever (we all grow old), but hopefully if I stop doing it I have enough investments in other businesses

We are full time street performers aside from the YouTube so get asked about why we don't get 'real' jobs a lot, it's usually from people who hate their jobs...

My goal is to make YouTube my full time job , I currently have a full time job now but I'm always working to grow and build my channel. But at the same time not focusing on making YouTube a real job ... if that makes any sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that someday I won't have to get a real job and just do youtube for a living. Maybe not forever (we all grow old), but hopefully if I stop doing it I have enough investments in other businesses

Yeah and some YouTubers use the fame they got from YouTube to give them connections to get even better jobs so it's always good to have a back up plan cause like you said we all get old

I think wanting to make youtube a career is a fine goal, but you have to find a balance of chasing that dream and being realistic. A lot of people who pursue youtube as a career go all or nothing. You can have a job to pay the bills while pursuing youtube. You also have to realize that you have to put so much work into it. You can't claim you want to make a career of this when your consistency and quality don't reflect that. However, don't let anyone tell you it is a stupid goal. Anything is possible if you are willing to work for it.

Of course I would say I want YouTube to be my job over having a "real job". My channel is so far from making any money at the moment. All I'm focusing on right now is improving my content and just enjoying the process of creating videos. When the time comes that I can seriously start thinking about making money with it, then I will.

YouTube would be better if it paid enough. But even then, it seems less reliable than a normal job where you get paid the same amount no matter what. If it keeps going how November, December, and January have, though, then YouTube is currently earning me about 1/3 of my normal job.

I never understood that people say "get a real job". I have the feeling that they think that only "real jobs" make you miserable like their jobs do. I mean if you make money with something you love just do it, it's still a job.

The reason many do not consider creating videos on YouTube a real job is because the chances of success are extremely slim and there is no guaranteed playbook in being successful. The spectrum of success is not always dictated by hard work, something in which has a much higher degree of occurence in a traditional job, such as a corporate office worker or even a server at a restaurant. People can make millions on YouTube for being straight up douchebags that just talk in front of a camera for 10 minutes a day while others put 10 hours a day of work in their videos to not even make above the poverty line. For every person that can make a living off of YouTube and treat it as a real job, 20,000 or so others will never be able to call YouTube a career.

Personally, although having an income from YouTube would be nice, it is not necessary. I already have my dream job at quite a young age, that pays extremely well, on top of the business my boyfriend and I run together. So I guess I just got lucky.

Back