Youtube Username Questions

aliksms

Hello!
I was wondering if someone could help me clear something up. I am very new to this and just beginning to start my channel. I have an account that is linked to my gmail account that I created years ago. I only have 3 random videos on it which I plan on deleting. What I am confused about is the username that I have associated with it. When I go into account settings and change my username, it has me change it on Google+. It lets me change it as often as I want. I was reading somewhere though, that you can't change your original youtube username in which case I can't even figure out what that original name is. I want to name my channel AlisonWonderland, but when i search that on youtube, all I find is videos from an "Alison Wonderland" who is a music artist. Does this mean I should create a different name? Should I create a whole new account from scratch? And if I do that, will there be an option to create a username that will tell me if the name has "already been taken or not"?
I want people to be able to find my channel when they type in my username. So I'm so confused as to how to create a username that doesn't already exist.

When searching on YouTube, it's all about the tags and the SEO. This other Alison Wonderland probably has a good SEO system.

Hmm okay. I understand about SEO, but I guess what I'm asking is what is my actual YouTube username? Is it whatever I want to change it to on my account settings using Google+? Or is it a one time thing that you create when you create the account that you can't change?

It is really similar to the music artist and since you are only a small channel with very few videos changing your name wont hurt

Maybe you should create a new channel with a different username but it depends on how popular this "Alison Wonderland" is. You can also create another channel with a different name under the same Google/YouTube account.

Back