YouTube to Launch Tool to Detect Re-Uploaded Videos Automatically

pioneer1

Liking YTtalk
New Copyright Match tool initially will roll out to channels with more than 100,000 subscribers

YouTube is releasing a tool for creators that checks to see if their videos are being stolen. Now, every time a video is uploaded to YouTube, the service will scan and check if the content already exists or is very similar to other videos on the site. It will only identify complete videos, not clips.

Read more about it here:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/07/11/y...finding-and-removing-unauthorized-re-uploads/

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/11/17562210/youtube-notify-creators-stolen-videos

[YTtalk Staff updated links to be clickable and embedded the YouTube Video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-upload for videos taken down, or reupload for videos still up?
If it's the first, then this is just a weird fight against lost media

Video's description: To learn more, please visit the YouTube Help Center: youtube.com/help

typical Youtube "find it yourself" attitude. Couldn't they put a direct link to "whatever relevant" info???

arghhh...

Video's description: To learn more, please visit the YouTube Help Center: youtube.com/help

typical Youtube "find it yourself" attitude. Couldn't they put a direct link to "whatever relevant" info???

arghhh...

------------------------------------

Can't put links in the post. :)

Last edited:
Very good news.

I'm curious though, I recently used a production company for one of my videos and they sent me all of the various drafts using a private link to their youtube channel. Eventually they sent me the final version for approval through YouTube before forwarding me the finished video file for upload.

When I uploaded the video file, this exact same video already existed on the production company's channel - albeit as a private video.

I wonder if that would count as ME copying THEIR video?

This is nice but at the same time, I can see this heavily abused. It makes me worried for my channel tbh.[DOUBLEPOST=1531853516,1531853317][/DOUBLEPOST]
But what if you upload it, someone else re-uploads your video and THEY use this tool?

This is what I'm worried about especially for gaming videos.

Back