Youtube Tags - Need advice

Well what I usually do with tags is: put in a tag relating to my video that's big in pop culture or YouTube culture. I know its not much but hope I helped :)

Really try to match your main 3 or 4 keywords in your title with the keywords in your first 3 lines of your description AND put those keywords into your keywords section. This is pretty important to do. They need to all make sense though. Don't just write the video title in the description too. Creatively "sprinkle" your main keywords about.

It's sometimes important to also do phrases. If I'm going to do something long but VERY niche like a board game I did called Mage Knight; I will do this:
mage knight boardgame, mage, knight, mage knight the boardgame, board, game,

I try to cover the combos. It works fairly well and the reason I use those phrases for that game is because there are a bunch of video games called Mage Knight too. Lots of boardgamers actually search mage knight board game when the search because they know if they don't, they're going to be sifting through video games.

Also, you can research for popular/in-demand phrases as well as single words when you do you keywords search.

Back