Qxir

Hi all,

I remember about a year ago(?) that YouTube had been caught automatically unsubscribing people from channels (despite denying this).
Recently a friend told me that when they checked my channel they were unsubscribed despite subscribing not long ago (though maybe they told me this just to spare my feelings LOL). I can't think of any reasons that YouTube would do that.
So are YouTube STILL automatically unsubscribing accounts? If so, why?
The goto answer would be that they unsub you from channels it seems you've lost interest in but I don't know if I really buy that answer (if that was true why would they not admit it?).
Thoughts?

this has defiantly happened if i haven't watched a creators video in a while it will unsub me from them its insane youtube really needs to stop with these witch hunts against creators !!

this has defiantly happened if i haven't watched a creators video in a while it will unsub me from them its insane youtube really needs to stop with these witch hunts against creators !!

Damn, I remember when everyone was first talking about this and then it died down with seemingly no updates on the situation - so we are still getting automatically unsubbed. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it feels like YouTube is trying to move towards keeping the popular creators popular, and the small ones small. Most of their recent updates feel like they're moving in that direction.

I haven't noticed it on my part.
I still have a bunch of active subscriptions on channels I never watch.

I noticed it for the first time recently. Was wondering why I hadn't seen any content from Garyvee appear in my subscriptions lately and come to find out I was "unsubscribed". No idea why, and I watch Gary's content regularly.

Odd. I’ve heard if this happening before, but I’ve never run into the issue (knock on wood though). And this applies to youtubers I haven’t checked back on in awhile (although maybe they were taken off and I didn’t even realize....)

Youtube always had a system similar to it in place, so before and after the huge drama of last year, it's still occurring. The system is mainly suppose to target dead or inactive accounts, so that people don't just have a large number of subs that mean absolutely nothing.

Honestly, if automatic unsubs are from people who don't interact with my channel at all, I'm all for it. :) I don't need to have a totally engaged audience, but I'd at least like for them to watch a video here or there. Not even the whole video! :D

Damn, I remember when everyone was first talking about this and then it died down with seemingly no updates on the situation - so we are still getting automatically unsubbed. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it feels like YouTube is trying to move towards keeping the popular creators popular, and the small ones small. Most of their recent updates feel like they're moving in that direction.
I would agree; however, I have had to resubscribe to Pewdiepie at least 5 times while watching his videos daily. I am really confused, as everyone in my subscribed tab, I wasn’t subscribed to. Some YouTubers I never heard of were there too. I seriously am doubting the stability of YouTube.... GET YOUR s**t FIXED YOUTUBE

Back