YouTube rewind 2019 thoughts?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
They played it safe this year with basically a stats / countdown video.

I was wondering why aren't other kids channels besides pencilmation included in most viewed? Cocomelon has 2.3 billion views in the last 30 days!

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I can see they are really trying hard to make amends for last year and for all the recent issues. It's not bad I suppose but most of the "successful" videos were pretty meh, or maybe I'm just getting old lol.

Despite their best efforts, this year's video is currently at a whopping 3 million dislikes for only 1.5 million likes lol.

Yeah, kids/family/toy channels were apparently not considered.
Otherwise, it was nice to see more emphasis on 'YouTubers'.

I liked this video more than last years rewind. If they could do this, but invite the same video creators into a studio to recreate the same video vibe as their popular videos (but with more of a connecting theme since references could be made in the same scene instead of separate video clips), they'd probably have something that resembled the past rewinds that everyone used to really like.

Forgettable, but to be fair, YT was in a lose-lose-lose situation to begin with. Entirely the leadership/management fault for cornering themselves so deeply they had no option but to take another L.

I think they played it way too safe this year because of last years rewind.
This resulted in a SUPER boring 2019 rewind if you ask me.

Back