Youtube/Real Life Balance?

there is no balance, only youtube!!

haha, when you get in the process of streamlining your video making it gets easier

Hey everyone,

I've been struggling recently with the balance of working life and tending to my YouTube channel - I find myself at work all day and most of the evening (My work has long hours) and I find I don't tend to have a lot of time for YouTube - Which does upset me to some level. I find on my days off I'm doing housework or running errands and I don't have a lot of time left to make videos and content. I'd rather not make content late at night, as a lot of my channel is singing based, and living in a block of flats means I prefer to keep quiet at night for the neighbors sake.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on getting a good work/youtube balance and how you deal with getting the right balance?

Thanks <3
Honestly as a student i completely feel this, and luckily I have hit summer and so I have more free time, but when time is crunched and I usually have no time, or no motivation because of lack of time, I try to time manage everything out and get as much done in a certain time as possible, in order to open up some time, if that makes sense haha. I personally also just change my upload schedule as well, instead of uploading the usual times that I do I may tone it back if weeks get busy, which may help for you. Ill try to find other ways and let you know!!! :) And I wish you luck!!! :) you got this!

I can definitely relate. Also doesn't help that I chose to do animations on my YouTube instead of something that requires less effort and time.
I DEFINITELY wouldn't say that video making takes less time all the time, I had to make a video for class that was five minutes, a mock news cast with two stories and a segment, took about 12 hours of editing and 5 hours of filming haha but i feel ya bro animation seems hard

I would say on a day off work set some time aside to film a few videos then you can take your time to edit and upload them :) At the end of the day it's not worth stressing about constantly uploading because you have to work.
Just do what you can, I'm sure your audience will understand :) hopefully one day you'll be at a point in your life where you can focus more time on Youtube :)

I could do a whole lot more if I had more time. But since I don't I create when I can and when I want to. Lately it has become harder and harder to edit a video, so I am taking way more time to do so. The balance for me is: As soon as it starts feeling like a chore I quit doing it.

I have been struggling with this myself! I work 40 hours a week and just don't have the energy to make videos. I have not posted for a while on my channel but I just posted a video yesterday.

I'm really hoping to keep posting

I'd take a close look at how you're using your time. I like to ask myself "Is this moving me closer to or further away from my goal?" If it's not moving me closer to what I want, I try to get rid of it. That can mean not doing it entirely, getting someone else to do it, etc.

Back