YouTube protecting MCN partnered channels?

sev12

Hello, I was wondering if YouTube protects channels who are partnered with MCN networks?
Like if someone sent them DMCA take downs, do they notify the networks and let them know? like you're about to receive a strike on one of your channels? and they make them private?

We sent multiple DMCA take downs towards this channel who's partnered with Believe Network and it's been 28 days exactly and YouTube hasn't taken down any of the content, an attorney filed out the form for us and we sent it to YouTube Copyright team.

I noticed today every single one of those videos we filed have been made PRIVATE and I didn't see any strike towards any of them.

What's going on here? how is it possible they didn't receive any strikes? but the videos we've sent all been been made PRIVATE? how did they make it private without getting a strike?

Please help me out! thank you.

Nope. If you are with an MCN and you receive a copyright strike, you'll need to go through the normal procedure of either filing a counter-notice if you have the right to use all elements in the struck video and can provide written proof of this; or you will need to ask the DMCA filer if they will be kind enough to retract the strike.

Note that these days, simply claiming Fair Use or that the video is in the Public Domain when in fact for Fair Use the DMCA claimant isn't willing to accept that your usage satisfies the four factors involved in the Fair Use Doctrine, or saying that something is Public Domain because it was broadcast on TV, is likely to get a channel terminated for filing a fraudulent legal form.

As for them being made private rather than being taken down, I have no idea what has happened. What was in these videos, and what type of evidence of copyright did your attorney supply to YouTube?

@Herzel Glashen I am sorry; but I was not looking for an MCN. I swore off MCN memberships in 2016; and the only way I would be part of one again, is if I were the owner of one; which is becoming a totally untenable prospect.

Was there something else you wanted to ask me?

Back