YOUTUBE KEEPS COUNTING ME AS A VIEW!

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
I recently uploaded a video and it says I have had 5 views in 1 minute which i know is all me as I always put my videos on private until they are completely ready to go online, all 5 of those views are from me adding annotations to my video, and it's incredibly frustrating that I am being counted as a view especially more then once, I am going through video manager so i'm clearly not just watching it so why is it doing this?

This also means these views will be taken off me later i don't understand why youtube is even letting this happen

hahaha no it's fine it's just annoying as i know for a fact my video isnt that popular within 2 minutes of upload, so i wish it would stop doing it and getting my hopes up

That annoys me too, although because I schedule my uploads I try to remember how many times I've been in to watch it before it goes live and subtract that number in my head when I look at the results. Usually in the first hour or so that brings me back down to 0 haha.

haha i do the exact same thing I have 10 views but for some reason for the first time ever youtube has counted me 8 TIMES! i look really popular but i'm not i have only had about 2 genuine views, youtube has never counted me this many times before :(

Adding subtitles counts as a view. Most people leave for auto-sync to finish, so returning to the subtitles tab adds another view. Editing those subtitles or just merely publishing the draft counts as another view. Then after they're published you return to the subtitles page which counts as another view yet again.

Every time you go to the card or annotation tab, that also adds a view.

It is irritating, I reported the issue a good few months ago but it seems like this is something they intended, for whatever odd reason. I have a theory that they're trying to encourage people to use the actual analytics section more to see "accurate" results but that's still an odd thing to do lol

Just try and ignore it, I noticed this at the beginning as well, but now it just kinda passes unseen. It doesnt hurt you so thats the most important.

I've been mostly able to add cards and annotations without adding views to my videos. Usually I find that clicking the drop down option on video manager and going directly to the cards section you are safe from adding your own views to the video.

There was one or two odd videos where even just clicking the edit button and not even having the video play was causing views to be counted. Yet this was only rare videos that this would happen and all the others stayed the way they should be lol.

Can you get around it going directly to the "Cards" section? Does this happen on all your videos or only certain ones?

Back