YouTube: How to get Started

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
For some reason I have seen more people than usual asking advice on how to start out with YouTube. So I decided to save some time and put together a quick guide.

It is no doubt that getting started on YouTube can be tough.
It takes a lot of work, a lot of motivation and above all a lot of commitment. When deciding to embark on the YouTube journey you must accept that you may not have quick and easy success. Yes some people do have the luxury of getting noticed quickly but the unfortunate fact is that the majority of YouTubers do not.

If you follow this short post and stick to these methods you will get there. It’s just a matter of working at it and adapting when need be.

FIRST
Ask yourself what makes your idea/ ideas different from the rest. What will make you stand out from all of the other YouTubers. If you are a comedian specializing in comedy sketches do you have high production value? Or if you are a gamer how can you make gameplay commentary that doesn’t blend into the hundreds of thousands of other gameplayers.

SECOND
Once you have a unique idea you are ready to move forward. You must establish and create your branding so that people will remember you and be able to search and find you. When I began YouTube I used the name “MikeKhukuriTV” and quickly discovered no one knows how to spell it and have trouble finding my channel. Although this is my last name it was not wise of me. I changed my branding to Zesty Mike this way people can find me. However, this does not fix the fact that my URL will never be easily searchable. So when deciding on a channel make it as clean and memorable as possible. If you have to hand out business cards so that people can remember your name you’re doing it wrong... just like I was!

THIRD
Now that you have unique content and you have a memorable name, you need to develop a schedule for your content. Do NOT overload yourself with work. Set something up that you know you can maintain and keep up with even if something comes up. Once you develop your schedule make sure your viewers know when they can find your videos and then stick to it until the end of time!

FOURTH
Lastly, you need viewers to watch your videos. This is a whole other post in itself so I will briefly summarize it. Be sure to make your content searchable. If this was a video instead of an article I wouldn’t title the video “5/9/2013 article post”, I would title it YouTube: How to get started. This would make it so that people searching can find me, and who knows, if they enjoy it they may subscribe and be a loyal viewer.

Good luck I hope this helps.

icon_e_ugeek.gif
Zesty Mike

For some reason I have seen more people than usual asking advice on how to start out with YouTube. So I decided to save some time and put together a quick guide.

It takes a lot of work, a lot of motivation and above all a lot of commitment. When deciding to embark on the YouTube journey you must accept that you may not have quick and easy success. Yes some people do have the luxury of getting noticed quickly but the unfortunate fact is that the majority of YouTubers do not.

If you follow this short post and stick to these methods you will get there. It’s just a matter of working at it and adapting when need be.

FIRST
Ask yourself what makes your idea/ ideas different from the rest. What will make you stand out from all of the other YouTubers. If you are a comedian specializing in comedy sketches do you have high production value? Or if you are a gamer how can you make gameplay commentary that doesn’t blend into the hundreds of thousands of other gameplayers.

SECOND
Once you have a unique idea you are ready to move forward. You must establish and create your branding so that people will remember you and be able to search and find you. When I began YouTube I used the name “MikeKhukuriTV” and quickly discovered no one knows how to spell it and have trouble finding my channel. Although this is my last name it was not wise of me. I changed my branding to Zesty Mike this way people can find me. However, this does not fix the fact that my URL will never be easily searchable. So when deciding on a channel make it as clean and memorable as possible. If you have to hand out business cards so that people can remember your name you’re doing it wrong... just like I was!

THIRD
Now that you have unique content and you have a memorable name, you need to develop a schedule for your content. Do NOT overload yourself with work. Set something up that you know you can maintain and keep up with even if something comes up. Once you develop your schedule make sure your viewers know when they can find your videos and then stick to it until the end of time!

FOURTH
Lastly, you need viewers to watch your videos. This is a whole other post in itself so I will briefly summarize it. Be sure to make your content searchable. If this was a video instead of an article I wouldn’t title the video “5/9/2013 article post”, I would title it YouTube: How to get started. This would make it so that people searching can find me, and who knows, if they enjoy it they may subscribe and be a loyal viewer.

icon_e_ugeek.gif
Zesty Mike
Nice post i will bookmark this most definitely because this is very helpful and good advice in my opinion..smh i use to overload myself with work it was too much and i work to hard on my content but a person does need a break every now and then:)

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

FOURTH

icon_e_ugeek.gif
Zesty Mike
Ya done good on dis. Looks like I have covered all the bases for my gaming channel. xD Tanks Zesty!

Nice list, I hope many people find it helpful! Just wondering, have you actually used any of these, or do you just conceptualize the ideas and share them with others?

Ya done good on dis. Looks like I have covered all the bases for my gaming channel. xD Tanks Zesty!
Good! I'm glad you're on the right path xD
Nice list, I hope many people find it helpful! Just wondering, have you actually used any of these, or do you just conceptualize the ideas and share them with others?
well if you read through the list there is a lot of things that I learned from experience. A lot of things that could put me further in my career today if I had stuck to these methods. During partner training courses and so on these methods are always stressed and they are highly encouraged. A couple sections in there were directly from a meeting with Barely Political in Chicago. But as of now when I get things started back up I will use these wholeheartedly.

Great tips and advice. I will definitely keep these in mind for my channel. Thanks! :up:
Glad to be of assistance!

Nice post i will bookmark this most definitely because this is very helpful and good advice in my opinion..smh i use to overload myself with work it was too much and i work to hard on my content but a person does need a break every now and then:)
Yes! always make sure that you can keep up with your own schedule. Make sure you have You time and YouTube time xD

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

FOURTH

icon_e_ugeek.gif
Zesty Mike
Its really nice that you love blue color

Back