YouTube Help - Is this OK?

I don't think you should stop uploading. Maybe not more than one video a day unless you want to, but just enough so there's always smth new. You might gain subs by bumping the vids you have now but eventually your current subs will want new stuff.

How do you bump videos? And I post frequently on other forums. Ok not really. But what I'm wondering is how can a gaming channel be promoted? Or do you not the answer to that.[DOUBLEPOST=1372775220,1372775107][/DOUBLEPOST]
I suggest not posting more than once a day unless your videos are very, very short.

Ok! Thanks for that. I'll make sure to slow down.[DOUBLEPOST=1372775239][/DOUBLEPOST]But as soon as I post all my other videos! Thank you!

How do you bump videos? And I post frequently on other forums. Ok not really. But what I'm wondering is how can a gaming channel be promoted? Or do you not the answer to that.
You can put as much money/effort into promoting as you want. I just post my videos around on forums and social media. :) I could hand out flyers too in public but that's going a bit too far.

I suggest not posting more than once a day unless your videos are very, very short.
There you have something else. Are the videos long, 20 to 30 minutes? Or short like 10 to 15 minutes? Some people don't like to watch vids that last longer than 15 minutes. Some are even 50 minutes long. I won't watch for that long unless it's really interesting.

There you have something else. Are the videos long, 20 to 30 minutes? Or short like 10 to 15 minutes? Some people don't like to watch vids that last longer than 15 minutes. Some are even 50 minutes long. I won't watch for that long unless it's really interesting.

My videos are 10 min - 15 min long.

I wouldn't worry about having 100 videos out already, at least you are passionate for what you are doing to crank out content that fast, but do make sure the quality is high as the old adage if quality over quantity after all.

Uploading more than once a day will harm your video's "impact views" as I call them, the views you get quickly on the few days after release, but new subscribers will have more content to keep them engaged and a backlog of your content they can watch if they really like you as a "commentator" so you might find gains over time, especially if you are doing lets plays which I imagine you are.

I say that coming from the perspective that I have personally 4 videos (series) a day for a month period in the past, have uploaded at least 1 video a day every day for over a year and usually between 20 minutes to over an hour of content if you count the seperate games im uploading in a day together, for a stint it was 1 hour and 40 minutes of video per day that people STILL WANTED MORE OF, so cater it to your viewers comments and input. If they don't watch it on the day (hence mentioning impact views) they usually come back to those series when there is a lul, often preferring complete series, so I tend to not bother with what views my videos are getting on release.
I usually average 2-3 ongoing series released daily, I dont think it has hurt me but has definitely given me a larger presence across youtube for people to find my channel through, the difference between me and you though is your only doing Minecraft? If you release several videos a day thats going to get stale very fast surely, not just for you but your viewers so maybe diversify if you can would be my view/tip.

Back