YouTube giveaway!

jnet

I Love YTtalk
Hi guys, so I have some goodies and I want to do my first giveaway video. I don't usually get that many comments as it is but hopefully this will attract more audience and get people to comment more. So has anyone done this before and have tips for me? Would I just choose someone and send them a message on YouTube to get their address to send the prize? Let me know all the best practices :)

I would say that would work pretty well. Get the competition up and running, then once you decide a winner contact them directly through YouTube to ask for their address. Also make a YouTube video to announce the winner

Asking people for their address over the internet is a bad idea unless you are the most trusted person in the world.

I would say that would work pretty well. Get the competition up and running, then once you decide a winner contact them directly through YouTube to ask for their address. Also make a YouTube video to announce the winner

Do you think it has to be a competition? I was thinking of asking a question and if you leave me a comment with the answer and you are a subscriber, I will pick on of you to get this prize! Announcing the winner would be fun too. I have had viewers ask me for a shoutout in my videos but I've never done that before. I'd love to start, I guess it is fun for people to see themselves in the videos.

Asking people for their address over the internet is a bad idea unless you are the most trusted person in the world.

But how else can they claim the prize? If you won something cool, you would not give away your address so it can be shipped to you?[DOUBLEPOST=1369338756,1369338613][/DOUBLEPOST]
WARNING: Giveaways usually gets you dead subs....:/

What is a dead sub?... I am guessing they are already my subscribers or are interested enough in my channel to do it and the prize is just a small incentive. It's likely going to be something like a nice iphone 5 cover, and nothing big and expensive.. to start off with anyway :)

I'm also worried about if they are not in the US I hope that shipping is not tooooo expensive. Shouldn't be I would assume.

But how else can they claim the prize? If you won something cool, you would not give away your address so it can be shipped to you?[DOUBLEPOST=1369338756,1369338613][/DOUBLEPOST]

What is a dead sub?... I am guessing they are already my subscribers or are interested enough in my channel to do it and the prize is just a small incentive. It's likely going to be something like a nice iphone 5 cover, and nothing big and expensive.. to start off with anyway :)

I'm also worried about if they are not in the US I hope that shipping is not tooooo expensive. Shouldn't be I would assume.
Dead subs: People are gonna subscribe just to have a chance of getting the giveaway. Even if its «just» a cover people are CRAZY about free stuff.
So after they will never watch your videos ever again and that is bad for your stats.

Do you think it has to be a competition? I was thinking of asking a question and if you leave me a comment with the answer and you are a subscriber, I will pick on of you to get this prize! Announcing the winner would be fun too. I have had viewers ask me for a shoutout in my videos but I've never done that before. I'd love to start, I guess it is fun for people to see themselves in the videos.
Well, however you give away the prize is up to you. Whether it be a competition or the way you said it, whatever floats your boat :p You should shoutout people in your vids though! It costs you a second of your time and makes your fans feel special and important :) I gave a couple shoutouts in a few of my vids and noticed my videos getting shared around more because of it

Back