YouTube Gaming Livestreams are laggy?

MrMauriceTL

Random Let's Play Gamer!
Hey guys,

So I wanted to livestream some Fallout 4 today, but my livestream was really laggy. To livestream I use OBS, can somebody tell me if my settings are wrong or something?

f6a89db6ad2557d6128a636c9102f5fa.png

5d7d2219dcc52baa3802486dad6a6c48.png

db278d56f4b07dc8d639be53fc8de608.png

Sorry for the long post! Any else managed to livestream on YouTube Gaming with OBS? Or do you guys use a different software? Let me know, I would love to stream properly on my channel!

Greetings,

Maurice

I use XSplit because Windows 10 wouldn't let me install OBS. For me, it was like what @Riddikore is saying; I had a problem with the max bitrate. Idk how you'd do it with OBS, but XSplit lets me check the bandwidth between my internet/pc to YouTube's servers to see at what bitrate I can stream at. I think the reason I have like a 300-400 max bitrate is because of my internet providers, but I set mine to 200 and it works for me without any lags or slowing down. Yes I stream at 360p and yes I have to close everything that would take more bandwidth than my stream, but it works without it lagging on my pc. I love it, even though I can't get the quality I want. In most cases, the max bitrate is the problem, so that's what I'd check on first.

Back