YouTube DOES care

So earlier today I see someone had made an account named "ThioJoc" and stole my profile picture, obviously attempting to impersonate me and make it look like i was posting generally offensive comments on my own videos, as well as on the fake channel itself. So I used youtube's tool to report impersonations, and I just got the email that "action was taken" and the channel was banned. Screenshot below.

Glad to see youtube actually responds to these kinds of problems. So keep that in mind if you have to report impersonation or harassment.

MlyKH9G.png

That's excellent! Good for you! I'm glad they dealt with that right away :)

Awesome. Youtube DOES care about these. I thought they won't. Now, let's report trollers on Youtube.

Well I'm not sure they care about trolls unless they are specifically targeting someone. Someone mentioned youtube not doing anything after reporting racist video, but that was probably because the video was not attacking anyone specific. Youtube takes harassment seriously if the person is doing it to a specific person, but being offensive in general might not result in any action.

So earlier today I see someone had made an account named "ThioJoc" and stole my profile picture, obviously attempting to impersonate me and make it look like i was posting generally offensive comments on my own videos, as well as on the fake channel itself. So I used youtube's tool to report impersonations, and I just got the email that "action was taken" and the channel was banned. Screenshot below.

Glad to see youtube actually responds to these kinds of problems. So keep that in mind if you have to report impersonation or harassment.

MlyKH9G.png
yay, win!

Back