YouTube Custom URL

keyboard

Hey guys! I'm aware of the new changes that Google implemented so that making a YouTube custom URL is not as easy. I don't have anywhere near 500 subscribers, so I opted to go the route of verifying a domain with my account.

This is the Google Support guide I'm following. Which links to here detailing how to set up the web tracking code on the site you want to use to verify. So I added the tracking code to my site and I can see the code live in my source code. I have also gone into the Webmaster Central portal and it shows as verified there. Here is a screenshot showing everything looks accurate and verified.

2rRj4ZJ.jpg

The next step is where I'm getting lost. It states:

On the "About" tab, click the Link website button next to your website URL.

When I go to my Google+ profile, click on About, and look at the Links section, I don't see the option to "Link website". The only link I see is to my YouTube channel, but the URL is still a long random sequence of characters.

What do I need to do next to get the custom URL working? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It looks like I can't include links in my post, so I can't link you to the guides or screenshot...

Back