YouTube cofounder to return to YouTube?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Source: https://www.tubefilter.com/2018/06/05/jawed-karim-me-at-the-zoo-new-video/

YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim, who became the first person to ever upload a YouTube video when he shared a clip titled “Me at the zoo” on April 23, 2005, seems to be mulling a return to the video site he helped create.

The evidence of Karim’s return to his channel is a pair of polls he posted on his community tab on June 4. In one of them, he asked his fans if he should post another video; at the time of this post, 92% of respondents have answered “Yes.” In his second poll, he asks for viewer preferences regarding the genre of his new video. “Comedy” is the most popular choice.

If Karim were to post another video, it would be a momentous occasion. After all, he has just one clip on his channel, and it’s famous enough to have its own Wikipedia page. “Me at the zoo” has been viewed more than 50 million times to date, and viewers seem to be clamoring for a sequel. In the comments sections of the two polls, several people suggested “Me at the zoo 2” as a potential video topic for Karim’s next project.

Below is the first ever YouTube video:

I cannot understand how this poll assume that he is back,
seems quite clickbaiting :p
as long as a co-founder come back to Youtube in my mind
would mean to take a role or a position to the company, not upload a video... :)

Offtopic, maybe I sound like a dinosaur but I like older interfaces of Youtube more... :) :D

Cool! It'd be neat if he could visit a YouTube space and talk to employees and creators about the platform. I wonder if he ever thought YouTube would become as big as it has become? :eek:

Cool! It'd be neat if he could visit a YouTube space and talk to employees and creators about the platform. I wonder if he ever thought YouTube would become as big as it has become? :eek:

I remember when Google tried to force people to sign up to Google+ in order to comment on YouTube and he (Jawad) hated it and had a very public rant about it (strong language):

c9ba3f78-944e-4bc0-acc2-8e964978cdfa-620x372.png

Link to article: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/08/jawed_karim_you_tube_google_plus_account/

Having said that, Google made him a multi-millionaire. ^^

I remember the google + days lol! Everyone was so mad! :eek: I also remember when YouTube had "friends." :( Friends turned into message contacts, but I guess they will go bye-bye forever in July (or, maybe they already disappeared? I haven't looked in a long time..). :eek: The site has really changed over the years! I wonder why Google bought YouTube instead of investing more into their own "Google Video" idea they had been working on around that time. They sort of re-wrote YouTube into their own thing, but spent a lot of money on a site that was losing lots of money... :eek:

Back