YOUTUBE CHANNEL CATEGORY?

bodaniel

I've Got It
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know what is the purpose of these categories? I have a lot of questions surrounding this such as:
Does you channel category do anything worth noting?
Are channel categories incorporated into SEO/search/analytics etc?
Would you consider my channel more 'entertainment' or 'people & blogs' - I post vlogs, reaction videos, sit down and discussion videos etc.

THANKS GUYS ;)

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know what is the purpose of these categories? I have a lot of questions surrounding this such as:
Does you channel category do anything worth noting?
Are channel categories incorporated into SEO/search/analytics etc?
Would you consider my channel more 'entertainment' or 'people & blogs' - I post vlogs, reaction videos, sit down and discussion videos etc.

THANKS GUYS ;)

i would imagine it's to seperate the Generes...so Music is found with music..Entertainment is found with Entertainment and skits are found with skits ..stuff like that.

i would imagine it's to seperate the Generes...so Music is found with music..Entertainment is found with Entertainment and skits are found with skits ..stuff like that.
Thanks for responding! For some reason I thought there would be more to it than that, but sometimes the simplest reason is the best reason! :)

its just to separate all the creators content dont think it has any relation to SEO the closest it may have to do with it is if your video blows up it can appear in the featured section category of your choosing "comedy" "entertainment" "people and blogs" etc.

Thanks for responding! For some reason I thought there would be more to it than that, but sometimes the simplest reason is the best reason! :)

haha i like it simple my self! but hey there might be another reason for it that i don't know of but that is what i would think!

Back