YouTube Banner More Saturated? Help!

Spiorod

Small Bear
I recently payed someone to do a banner for me, and they keep me updated. I recently noticed that the image she sends me, once used as my banner becomes more saturated, it's really annoying. Why does the image alter itself once "equipped." Help!

I know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure exactly why it does that either, I've noticed if you save the file as .png the image will show as normal, instead of altered when it's saved as .jpg

I know what you're talking about, and I'm not sure exactly why it does that either, I've noticed if you save the file as .png the image will show as normal, instead of altered when it's saved as .jpg

I love you I really hope this works, thanks!

I uploaded mine as a PNG, though I got the correct saturation, I got a substantial amount of blur and pixalation.
Most YouTubers I've seen have some issue with there Banner.

becomes more saturated
The best thing you can do, if uploading as a PNG doesn't work, is upload a slightly de-saturated version of the original image which it will saturate more!

Tom

Okay check this out try saving the mode as a different type usually when people create a file assuming its photoshop. They create an imagine in cmyk (cyan, magenta, yellow, ,black) which is primarily used for print. Ie magazines, news papers, photos, anything that will be printed using a printer. Try switching the format to RGB which means red green blue this is for Internet usage. This should fix the saturation and the blurred issues. Let me know if it does or doesn't.

Whenever you use JPEG for your Youtube graphics, Youtube messes it up.

Have the file sent as a PNG.
Even with PNG, Youtube resizes is a bit to adapt to the compatibility thing with the different devices.

Thank you all for your replies! I'm taking them all into account tomorrow and hopefully one of them will work. And thank you to Kristen also!

hmmm not sure on this one, I do know though that it has to be a very very particular size or it doesn't look right? Maybe that's it?!

I have had problems like this before when doing artwork in Photoshop. This may or may not be part of your problem but the color profile that the image is saved in can appear differently in different programs. I believe sRGB is the one that I use now to avoid the image changing saturation from program to program. This problem drove me crazy for a few days so hope this helps you.[DOUBLEPOST=1371493677,1371493440][/DOUBLEPOST]That setting can be found in "image settings".

Back