YouTube Algorithm & Interface

N3u1Am0q

Background:
I watch many videos from diverse range of channels. Either YouTube's algorithm and/or the interface is making it hard to visit all the content creators frequently or equally. I say this because my YouTube home page consists of the same four or five channels over and over.

Question:
Are there a methods I can follow to improve the interface for different browsing styles?
Examples of different "browsing styles" :
- Small number of subscriptions, watches videos and visits YouTube frequently
- Large number of subscriptions, watches videos from a select few channels
- No subscriptions, watches only music videos

Any help would be appreciated.

N3u1Am0q

you made an interesting point. my home page does have similar content over and over. although mine shows way more than five channels.

i dont have any answers for each of your styles. but i assume the answer is the same for all of them. increase the total minutes watched and the avg view time for your videos to get on the home page for any of those viewer styles.

actually something very interesting im noticing is i have a lot of "bill burr" content on my home page. from different channels too even though ive only listened to his podcast on like 2-3 channels. and i haven't listened to any in almost a month. but when i do, i usually have it playing for the entire hour or longer.

i occasionally watch other types of videos. lots of food related videos or philippines or comedy stuff on my homepage. but none have as much dominant presence as bill burr. i dont play his videos more frequently than other types of videos. but the videos i play are a lot longer (over 1 hour!). that must be having a huge influence on my home page.

Back