YouTube - AdSence, the lost connection...

Ryders-Dad

So... A few months ago, the wife recently became a verified partner on YouTube, set up her account on AdSence and off to the races she scrambles off gleefully knowing full well, that she will be a huge, 'oficially' monetized success...

OK... Perhaps it didn't roll out quite that smoothly, but she is set up and ready to rock, problem is... H, (the wife Heather), is infamous for signing up for just about everything w/ no regards to user agreements or reading any of the damn instructions, by-laws, restrictions, blah, blah, blah, blah. If only life was a continuous series of icons and links she would be set for life. At any rate, I asked her a few days ago to give me a down and dirty on AdSence, she took me to her account page and I mostly got her notorious blank 'deer in the headlight look.' Albeit very cute on some matters and although I do find quite entertaining at some moments, this unfortunately wasn't one of them.

So my Q is... is there any links, or advice any of you can lend, on the low-down as to how AdSence works? Her account amounts did not display any accumulative amounts. There was a few bucks here on this month, .50 on the month after that... I asked her if there was some sort of activity report that showed how many total views were monetized during that particular pay period, if there was somewhere that showed total monetized views, when and how all these 'millions' would start flooding her account (cause I honestly don't know what we will do with all of this money...), is there a threshold she has to meet before she receives enough to buy a pack of gum, or a rack of beer for me, which is all I would really request from the 'millions' forthcoming and my slight participation in her little social experiment. Again, I received the ol' DIHL look, cute but again highly annoying some times. I looked on YouTube for an AdSence account overview and all I found was an Indian guy that spoke very broken english, also highly annoying. My preference would be a vid or a post somewhere explaining the account page in layman (cause I'm a layman, which is latin for greasy mechanic, as you all know). If offering your help, please just don't paste a link to AdSence, that stuff is written by non-laymen. Also what exactly happens now? The wife has had several hundred views on her channel since she was verified, how exactly much does she get paid per view, is monitize-ation granted only to the flicks that have the ad trailers attached, and does the viewer have to watch the entire ad trailer without skipping, for her to get monetized? Also, the flicks she attaches on f/b never has ad trailers, or at least I haven't seen one, so will she get anything added to her 'empire' for those views?

Sorry for all the scattered questions throughout, it seems like a great bunch of folks on here, I appreciate any bones you can toss an old dog... @Michael - got the next idea for your Tube channel... How bout an, AdSence for old retards flick. Heck I even named the episode for you dude!!!

Chop

Last edited:
my english is poor, so only be able to answer a few question for your entire essay.

- Adsense threshold is $100, you have to accumulate that amount of money in order to be able to cash out the money
- Payment through bank check, wire transfer, and other payment method depending on your location.
- 100+ of view doesnt earn you anything, at least 500 - 1k view
- You earn through those ads that running on your video, diff ads earn diff revenue, there are many factors that affect earnings, not just the views.
- there are most likely no ads if you embed the video into any of the social media, the point that you embed it on social media is mainly for promoting

my english is poor, so only be able to answer a few question for your entire essay.

- 100+ of view doesnt earn you anything, at least 500 - 1k view
- there are most likely no ads if you embed the video into any of the social media, the point that you embed it on social media is mainly for promoting

So, there isn't a set amount of views required to be monetized? your saying 500 - 1000, that seems like a very wide range.

I was wondering also. I subscribed to my son's channel. Can she set up the channel to send out notifications that there is a new flick posted? Or is this the reason most popular channels have a set schedule for release?

Oh and THANKS for the help w/ my essay!!![DOUBLEPOST=1416680770,1416678888][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to add... Why exactly are amounts showing up on her AdSence account if a flick needs 500 - 1000 views? Or are we perhaps, looking at the wrong screen?

Back