You Like It?

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Hi Guys,

So I have been working on this channel for a couple of years and think it is at a good place at the moment in terms of content and looks.
Was just looking for some honest feedback from you guys to help improve.
So check out my channel and let me know if there is anything I could do better.

Thanks

I just checked out your latest video with your poorly puppy, and good lord you have an amazingly adorable puppy! I agree with you in that it's in a good place in terms of content and looks. The banner looks good and I really like your thumbnails too, very consistent and easy to know the video is from you. As for the video itself it's fantastic quality in terms of audio quality and lighting? I'm not really sure, but it looks really good.

As for improvements it's difficult to say, I think it's one of those cases where you have to keep going because I definitely think it's able to attract people, especially if you have your dog in more videos haha! :p

I just checked out your latest video with your poorly puppy, and good lord you have an amazingly adorable puppy! I agree with you in that it's in a good place in terms of content and looks. The banner looks good and I really like your thumbnails too, very consistent and easy to know the video is from you. As for the video itself it's fantastic quality in terms of audio quality and lighting? I'm not really sure, but it looks really good.

As for improvements it's difficult to say, I think it's one of those cases where you have to keep going because I definitely think it's able to attract people, especially if you have your dog in more videos haha! :p

Thank you man! This means a lot! He is very cute and this year there will be a lot more videos with him involved. I try my best with the quality of the visual, sound and content of my videos and glad that's paying off. Thank you again for the kind words and I think your right, gain views = more dog videos :giggle:

Thank you man! This means a lot! He is very cute and this year there will be a lot more videos with him involved. I try my best with the quality of the visual, sound and content of my videos and glad that's paying off. Thank you again for the kind words and I think your right, gain views = more dog videos :giggle:

He really is! And I can definitely see that you spend a lot of time making it look right :) the effort definitely paid off. And I know that probably sounds stupid, but I bet you it's true haha! :p

Yo, my dude. Your quality is really good! One suggestion I would have is perhaps try experimenting with your thumbnails more? They all look good, but exactly the same. Consistency is key, but...
When all your thumbnails look identical, nothing is going to pop, and nothing is going to entice people to click on one video over another. The thumbnail is the first thing a person's going to notice in deciding rather or not to watch your video. So you want to make it so it pops so people feel as if they need to watch your newest video. Rather than having them feel like they've seen it already, with the similar thumbnail.

I'm no expert by any means, In fact, I am terrible at my thumbnails, but... That's just what I noticed of your channel. Once again, great quality, I'm impressed by you, friend~!

Yo, my dude. Your quality is really good! One suggestion I would have is perhaps try experimenting with your thumbnails more? They all look good, but exactly the same. Consistency is key, but...
When all your thumbnails look identical, nothing is going to pop, and nothing is going to entice people to click on one video over another. The thumbnail is the first thing a person's going to notice in deciding rather or not to watch your video. So you want to make it so it pops so people feel as if they need to watch your newest video. Rather than having them feel like they've seen it already, with the similar thumbnail.

I'm no expert by any means, In fact, I am terrible at my thumbnails, but... That's just what I noticed of your channel. Once again, great quality, I'm impressed by you, friend~!

Hello mate, good quality is what I aim for with my videos and I'm so glad I'm doing it well. The thumbnail thing I will take on board for sure. Thanks again for your kind words!

I know you have potential because I had to go search for problems in your channel. Most channels I review I can tell the problem from video 1 that I saw. You definitely came a long way and your channel is definitely improving.

OK so after watching a couple of your videos I can try and point out flaws in my opinion. Please do understand this is constructive criticism and I am only saying what I am saying in hopes of trying to help you.

I realized you took a 5 month break, why ?

Dam, through my whole review off. I deleted my first review because it is not your latest content. OK second attempt lets go.

Thumbnails:
I will start with where the other guy left off. Your thumbnails are awesome I like the combination with orange and white on the text but it is definitely lacking. Now when I scroll through the history of your channel this is definitely the best thumbnails your channel has seen. I think what you can do to improve it is keep the text color combo but change the photo.

Take for example your New Year thumbnail it is perfect. I know it is from you and the picture fits a new year's moto. Then you get bf vs gf. Your hand is in the way of your gf and the text, blocks part of your face lastly you take up most of the thumbnail so it seems like one person. Symmetry is key in a photo.

Top 5 of 2017 has only 4 pictures and I can't even make out what these pictures are. 2018 Goals has a picture of you, again the words are in the way and the picture does not represent goals. Poorly puppy is your 2nd best thumbnail of your latest content. You can see the puppy has a cone so something must be wrong. Maybe if you moved a bit left or the wording was not in your way it would have been much better.

Darkening your photo and adding words on top was a smart move but I think you need to lighten it a tad, some pictures are already dark and that layers makes it to dark.

Problems across all videos:
Now here is the tricky part. Each video has its own mistakes and rarely did I find a mistake that stretches over all videos but there are some.

Stop filming at night if possible it makes the lighting in videos bad. If you simply just can't watch a DIY tutorial on lights and tutorials on how to do proper lighting. Start color grading your videos and also if possible start adding B-Roll to your videos (Peter Mckinnon covers color grading and B-roll fairly well.)

Also you talk extremely soft and keep one tone when vloging in doors maybe gain a bit of energy or when telling a story talk softly to build up tension and then when you reach the climax start talking louder and faster.

Problems per video:
In your 2018 goals video it is just about you vloging. Nothing else. It gets stale rather quickly. Instead of just vloging a video try and represent what you are talking about for instance. When you mentioned going to spain. Film a stop motion scene where a plane leaves from Europe and landing in Spain while your audio is still playing.

Top 5 moments did not work because it had no real meat to the story. A story has three parts.
Setup (Jack and Jill went up the hill), Conflict (Jack fell down), Resolution(Jill came tumbling after). Think about your next video, plan it and then shoot it get those three parts.

Boyfriend vs Girlfriend seemed like a lot of arguing and like you guys fought more then having fun. It made me feel uncomfortable.

New year, well there was no real dialogue. The video made it look like you had tons of fun but I did not feel that fun because of the lack of dialogue. You said you did not shoot an intro or outro and I have a feeling you are in the same situation I am.

Some final notes:
I found little dialogue in the streets, crowded places or even sometimes with friends. Your GF seems cool with it and that is great to have someone that is camera ready like that but if you have the fear to speak in public force yourself. The more you do it, the easier it gets trust me.

Your channel are is better then most that I saw on this site but still needs work. Try the orange and white text instead of just the orange text. It will fit with your thumbnail as well. Also try and get your profile picture to match your channel art.

Then shoot a new channel trailer. Your trailer is not nearly on par to the quality content you bring out today.

Add background music to all your videos not just one video and also where can add sound effects. If you move a cup add a sfx, if you slide the window close add a sfx etc. Go through your video and look with your ears.

Add better transitions from one scene to the other.

Then I have to say I am glad that you returned you have potential and can definitely grow a lot if you touch on these subjects I talked about. I can see you script your stuff and that is great, it will help a lot in the future. Just cut away before glimpsing at your screen.

I did not go through this to check my spelling and grammar, I was procrastinating at work way to much already. Also keep in mind this is just my opinion and I might be wrong on some aspects. Do what you enjoy and not others.

I wish you all the luck and have a great day

I know you have potential because I had to go search for problems in your channel. Most channels I review I can tell the problem from video 1 that I saw. You definitely came a long way and your channel is definitely improving.

OK so after watching a couple of your videos I can try and point out flaws in my opinion. Please do understand this is constructive criticism and I am only saying what I am saying in hopes of trying to help you.

I realized you took a 5 month break, why ?

Dam, through my whole review off. I deleted my first review because it is not your latest content. OK second attempt lets go.

Thumbnails:
I will start with where the other guy left off. Your thumbnails are awesome I like the combination with orange and white on the text but it is definitely lacking. Now when I scroll through the history of your channel this is definitely the best thumbnails your channel has seen. I think what you can do to improve it is keep the text color combo but change the photo.

Take for example your New Year thumbnail it is perfect. I know it is from you and the picture fits a new year's moto. Then you get bf vs gf. Your hand is in the way of your gf and the text, blocks part of your face lastly you take up most of the thumbnail so it seems like one person. Symmetry is key in a photo.

Top 5 of 2017 has only 4 pictures and I can't even make out what these pictures are. 2018 Goals has a picture of you, again the words are in the way and the picture does not represent goals. Poorly puppy is your 2nd best thumbnail of your latest content. You can see the puppy has a cone so something must be wrong. Maybe if you moved a bit left or the wording was not in your way it would have been much better.

Darkening your photo and adding words on top was a smart move but I think you need to lighten it a tad, some pictures are already dark and that layers makes it to dark.

Problems across all videos:
Now here is the tricky part. Each video has its own mistakes and rarely did I find a mistake that stretches over all videos but there are some.

Stop filming at night if possible it makes the lighting in videos bad. If you simply just can't watch a DIY tutorial on lights and tutorials on how to do proper lighting. Start color grading your videos and also if possible start adding B-Roll to your videos (Peter Mckinnon covers color grading and B-roll fairly well.)

Also you talk extremely soft and keep one tone when vloging in doors maybe gain a bit of energy or when telling a story talk softly to build up tension and then when you reach the climax start talking louder and faster.

Problems per video:
In your 2018 goals video it is just about you vloging. Nothing else. It gets stale rather quickly. Instead of just vloging a video try and represent what you are talking about for instance. When you mentioned going to spain. Film a stop motion scene where a plane leaves from Europe and landing in Spain while your audio is still playing.

Top 5 moments did not work because it had no real meat to the story. A story has three parts.
Setup (Jack and Jill went up the hill), Conflict (Jack fell down), Resolution(Jill came tumbling after). Think about your next video, plan it and then shoot it get those three parts.

Boyfriend vs Girlfriend seemed like a lot of arguing and like you guys fought more then having fun. It made me feel uncomfortable.

New year, well there was no real dialogue. The video made it look like you had tons of fun but I did not feel that fun because of the lack of dialogue. You said you did not shoot an intro or outro and I have a feeling you are in the same situation I am.

Some final notes:
I found little dialogue in the streets, crowded places or even sometimes with friends. Your GF seems cool with it and that is great to have someone that is camera ready like that but if you have the fear to speak in public force yourself. The more you do it, the easier it gets trust me.

Your channel are is better then most that I saw on this site but still needs work. Try the orange and white text instead of just the orange text. It will fit with your thumbnail as well. Also try and get your profile picture to match your channel art.

Then shoot a new channel trailer. Your trailer is not nearly on par to the quality content you bring out today.

Add background music to all your videos not just one video and also where can add sound effects. If you move a cup add a sfx, if you slide the window close add a sfx etc. Go through your video and look with your ears.

Add better transitions from one scene to the other.

Then I have to say I am glad that you returned you have potential and can definitely grow a lot if you touch on these subjects I talked about. I can see you script your stuff and that is great, it will help a lot in the future. Just cut away before glimpsing at your screen.

I did not go through this to check my spelling and grammar, I was procrastinating at work way to much already. Also keep in mind this is just my opinion and I might be wrong on some aspects. Do what you enjoy and not others.

I wish you all the luck and have a great day

WOW! I just want to say a massive thank you, like this is the best bit of feedback i've ever had and will definitley be taking it on board. I am always looking to improve the quality of my videos and you sir have given me a lot of great tips to go away with. I agree with all of it. I need to work a little more on the thumbnails but like my content they will get better over time.

Thanks again for this it truly is a massive help!

Back