You know what? Let me review YOUR channels for a change!

Judge me please! (link in the sig)
It's very difficult to get people to tell you anything other than "I like it" or "It's not my thing" sometimes having polite friends is a detriment.

I'm always looking for feedback, if the offer's still available that'd be great thanks!
Okie dokies!
I'm gonna start with your banner. I get that you cut off the head probably to use it as your channel icon, but your banner doesn't really tell me what your channel is about or at least what your name is. So you could probably use the same idea, or like put the top hat guy (you?) next to your name or something. I don't know :p

For your newest video, I wasn't a really big fan of the game play that was there. I mean, I know that you said that the place your dream took place in was Wayne manor. I don't know I just kinda wish you told the story with just the pictures that were popping up rather than seemingly random game play. Or if you DO put it in at least show the level of the game you were talking about in the dream :p That's just my opinion though. I mean, at least SOMETHING was happening. lol

I honestly don't think you are doing that bad. You just need to stick to your schedule! Just keep going and you'll improve. You definitely have more ideas than I do lol.... That rhymed haha[DOUBLEPOST=1459727364,1459726278][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would be so awesome if you could check my channel out and give me some REAL constructive criticism. I need it and i do not get upset!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9q8LXeOQTuHrY_NCvrE3w

your banner has a little too much going on and the text could definitely benefit from drop shadow to make it pop. It's alright, but you can go further. Also maybe say what's on your channel there too (maybe) You don't want people passing you by, and you don't want to blend in with the HUGE CROWD of gamers.

I wish that your trailer had a variety of what games that you play rather than you just playing one game and telling me what you are going to do on the channel.

you have ONE video of you doing a drum cover. That doesn't go with the rest of your videos, so it is confusing. Or you can use it to your advantage and be like a drumming gamer. That would be kinda cool.

I don't know if you can, but it would be nice if you had a face cam. I mean, you don't NEED it but it is always nice. I think it is funny to see expressions on people's faces.

Your intro is inconsistent with your banner and so is your icon, if you could get your branding straightened out, that would be awesome. I also feel like your thumbnails could pop a little more. As of right now they aren't that eye-catching.

I really really really hope this helped. If you want me to take a look at anything else specifically, let me know! :) I realize this might of sounded mean because of the way I typed it, but I don't mean it that way!!!

Hey, I can never say no to a tasty review! I've been away for a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday in America, but I'm always happy to collect useful tips for when I resume normal service! Thanks in advance. <3

First off, you have a pretty cool banner! Your branding is pretty consistent so that is a good thing. Although, in your intro, your name doesn't really show that well.
You should get a new microphone, yours sounds muffled. I mean if it's not possible, it's not possible. It's been working so far for you! It's still an important part of your channel, though. :p
You should make a trailer! You have lots of videos to work with to make a montage with!

I hope this helped and if you want me to look at anything specifically, let me know! :D

I just started my channel so there isn't much on there but if you have the time to check it out that would be great!

Please do. I have been doing this for a little over a week now and am learning every day. I have learned that YouTube is a lot of time and money, but it sure is fun.
So I like the idea of your banner. The font is hard to read, though. So maybe put a drop shadow beneath it and you'll be golden!

I think you have a pretty cool idea of a channel. BUT in some of your videos, you have your head all the way up like it's facing the ceiling and you kinda look down at the camera. It's not like this all the time, but you do it often. I don't know if you realize it :p

I saw that earlier in your videos you were sitting down, but now you are standing up? I like it a lot better when you are sitting. You seem more relaxed and chill. Also, you seem a lot more...idk... scripted I guess? Before you seemed to just sit and talk and share your opinion. Maybe it has something to do with you standing? There is no way that you could change that fast in a week! It probably has something to do with your standing that makes it seem that way. Either way, it's just my opinion and you should do it however you are comfortable.

If you want me to check out anything else, just let me know! I hope this helped!

So I like the idea of your banner. The font is hard to read, though. So maybe put a drop shadow beneath it and you'll be golden!

I think you have a pretty cool idea of a channel. BUT in some of your videos, you have your head all the way up like it's facing the ceiling and you kinda look down at the camera. It's not like this all the time, but you do it often. I don't know if you realize it :p

I saw that earlier in your videos you were sitting down, but now you are standing up? I like it a lot better when you are sitting. You seem more relaxed and chill. Also, you seem a lot more...idk... scripted I guess? Before you seemed to just sit and talk and share your opinion. Maybe it has something to do with you standing? There is no way that you could change that fast in a week! It probably has something to do with your standing that makes it seem that way. Either way, it's just my opinion and you should do it however you are comfortable.

If you want me to check out anything else, just let me know! I hope this helped!

Thanks! I noticed that too. I need to keep my eyes focused. My new camera should be in today. Hopefully having the view finder screen in front of me helps. I'm still sitting, I just sit on a bench sometimes. I'm never scripted, but I have worked on cutting out the "ums" and "you knows". I think that coupled with some cleaner edits maybe adds that "scripted" feel. That's a good idea for the banner. I will adjust the text.

Hey, I can never say no to a tasty review! I've been away for a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday in America, but I'm always happy to collect useful tips for when I resume normal service! Thanks in advance. <3
I told you you are perfect! But if you want me to look more into your channel I will <3

I feel like "Smarter in Seconds" is a misleading title because those videos are pretty long! Some aren't though, BUT you can get away with it because you are interesting to listen to :D

DAT SWAG DANCE DOE.
You're so YOU and it's awesome. I wish that I was as comfortable as you are in front of the camera. It takes a lot haha Once the camera is on- I just forget who I am sometimes. :)

I feel like your banner has not that much going on, but I feel like it works, and your icon makes up for it. :D

I hope this helped somehow! Anything specific you want me to check out?[DOUBLEPOST=1459823437,1459821505][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just started my channel so there isn't much on there but if you have the time to check it out that would be great!
I'm watching your "Get ready with me" video... you're hilarious. "I look like a hooker" and "see how much of a statement that causes? Like I'm not someone to be f**ked with" Hearing that come out of your mouth is so funny because you're so cute! :D

At first I wasn't entirely sure that it was a joke because I'm oblivious to everything. I was like "oh cool she's one of those unique people who does her eyebrows different colors! Cool!" lol

I like the idea of your banner, although the font is a little hard to read. If you put a drop shadow behind it, that should fix that problem up!
I think that your thumbnails could pop a little more

I feel like your first video was a little too long, but since you are doing 50 questions, that was probably not in your control, so that is probably fine! :D

I hope that I helped you out at least a little bit, and if you want anymore help, I'm here![DOUBLEPOST=1459825288][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would love to know what you think of my channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaBlKZKuDqMhAp94urJMK3w
Your bleh bleh bleh in your popcorn video killed me! hahaha

I think that you definitely need a new banner. I know it's a picture of you guys, but it is blurry and doesn't really say much about your channel :p
I suggest you stick to a schedule (I'm horrible at it myself) You have two videos that you put up recently, and then your other one is from a month ago? Poopy. Get that straightened out, buttholes. :p You do your stuff very confidently, and I'm sure we can expect a lot of funny things from you in the future.[DOUBLEPOST=1459826456][/DOUBLEPOST]
Judge me please! (link in the sig)
It's very difficult to get people to tell you anything other than "I like it" or "It's not my thing" sometimes having polite friends is a detriment.
I hate you and you suck.

Just kidding. I'm not a fan of your banner. It has a lot going on and doesn't even say your name. I guess the idea is there, but if you could put your name with a nice drop shadow at least, that would be a start.

You have nice camera quality. That is nice.
I kinda wish you had an intro, NOT one that is generic gamer flashing text with techno music... NOT THAT PLEAAAAAAASSSSSEEE.

You seem to have an okay on camera presence. Not trying too hard like a lot of gamers. Make sure you catch yourself doing that because A LOT of gamers do that and it's very cringe-worthy.

I hope this helped somehow. If you want me to check out anything else, just let me know![DOUBLEPOST=1459826561][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! I noticed that too. I need to keep my eyes focused. My new camera should be in today. Hopefully having the view finder screen in front of me helps. I'm still sitting, I just sit on a bench sometimes. I'm never scripted, but I have worked on cutting out the "ums" and "you knows". I think that coupled with some cleaner edits maybe adds that "scripted" feel. That's a good idea for the banner. I will adjust the text.
Oh! I didn't realize you were sitting. You just seemed a little stiff and uncomfortable :p[DOUBLEPOST=1459826646][/DOUBLEPOST]
This helped me a LOT! Thank you so much Christy! GOT YOU with the April's Fool video muahahah! You are not the first one who mentions my channel banner, which I will improve soon! Make my name more the focus point! And yeah, the thumbnails are a lot like other gamers, trying my best to make them as funny or good as possible!

Thank you so much for the feedback, YOU ROCK! Glad you enjoyed my channel and I will try to improve the banner and implent my face more in my thumbnails. ;)

Yeah. You suck lol
Anyway, no problem! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1459826757][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks, I will fix the banner! And as for my schedule, it may a little confusing, but it works for me, sometimes I am fast and edit like a boss, sometimes it will take me a week, it may be loosey goosey but it works for me, and I may be changing it because i'm going into high school, so I will take your advice!
Makes sense. I'm really not one to talk. I've been slacking on my schedule. :p

I told you you are perfect! But if you want me to look more into your channel I will <3

I feel like "Smarter in Seconds" is a misleading title because those videos are pretty long! Some aren't though, BUT you can get away with it because you are interesting to listen to :D

Aha, thank you for the review!

Yeah, "Smarter in Seconds" initially started out as a series of very short videos, but it wasn't something I could work with for every subject (I've never been great at condensing information!) and by that point it had stuck as a "thing" of mine, so the name ended up remaining the same. You'd actually be surprised at how many of my friends and family reference that name now!

These days, I justify the title by saying that all my videos in that series are under 10 minutes long (with the current exception of my birthday video), which is still a great deal shorter than the average lesson period in school - and I like to hope that one day, my viewers will be learning just as much in my weekly classes!

Back