Yogscast dying?

SerjEpic

Posting Mad!
The Yogscast is a UK gaming channel that use to be the top gaming youtubers and are the second channel to reach 1 billion views. But in most resent times they plateau in subscribers reaching 7-15 thousand subscribers a mounth. Views are good but not like before they right now get 100,000-400,000 per video, they use to get 1,000,000-4,000,000 per video. They have a strong fan base, but they slowly leaving because of the lack of Shadow of Israphel season 4, cancelation of their Kickstarted game Yogventures, and the Simon and TB argument. The something's that is still going strong is the Christmas charity livestreams they have raised about 2.5 million dollars and the fun story line and WARS(VOLTZ, Flux Buddies vs Hat Films, and the favmous Jaffa v sipsco.)

What do guys think are they slowly dying?
Do you watch the yogscast is so which member is your favorite?
My favorites:
Simon
Sjin
Martyn
Duncan
Kim
 
I don't know much about Yogscast other than what my little brother tells me. (That said I do know quite a bit about the Mindcrack, so I'm not a total outsider).

But I think it's like all things, they have a lifespan and it wanes over time. It's why it's crucial that no one ever gets comfortable in their position and is constantly thinking about 'what's next?' Businesses that feel like they have thing on lock and stop innovating end up come crashing down - Blackberry is a great example.

Bringing it back to YouTube, EpicMealTime was once a juggernaut, driving millions of views per episode on their crazy meals... but in the last year, only 8 videos have cleared a million views. By no means are they dying, but if they don't continue to innovate they will.

Sorry that this adds nothing to Yogscast discussion haha.
 
I used to go over their watch now and then. But the reason I think that they are dying is the reason that most people are dying on YouTube right now. And that is because of retention of videos, engagement of videos, and sub boxes.

If someones doesn't interact with someones videos after long enough, YouTube stops sending their videos to their sub boxes. And after a while, they usually forget about the YouTuber because their is a ton of other stuff to watch.

It's a shame though, because I enjoyed their content whenever I went over to their channel.
 
I used to watch Yogscast, I even used to watch Pewdiepie, I was infected, but luckily I got away alive.
I don't think they are dieing, they are kinda unique and all the people in it are original (I personally liked Sips the most, when I used to watch it)

I did heard though that Simon was in the hospital for some reasons and it would take a long time for him to get back to recording videos, so that might be a reason.
 
If only, top YouTubers today seem to be slacking a lot, and I think I could do a better job than them if I had their fanbase!!
I agree, it's not hard, Youtubers with a huge fanbase just throw out any video because they simply can, people will watch their videos anyways.
 
They need to hire me.
They are hiring right now but for editor[DOUBLEPOST=1431376171,1431376047][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did heard though that Simon was in the hospital for some reasons and it would take a long time for him to get back to recording videos, so that might be a reason.
They started losing views summer 2014 and simon got sick in march 2015.[DOUBLEPOST=1431376395][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry that this adds nothing to Yogscast discussion haha.
Its alright and I see your point, I use to enjoy EpicMealTime but the repetition
 
Back
Top