would using traffup.net get you banned ?

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
People keeping telling me to use this site called Traffup.net but I'm an bit septic of using it as I'm bit worried it will get me banned on youtube should I use it or not for my youtube channel

thanks

As a general rule, I try to stay away from these traffic exchange websites. Years ago when I didn't know what I was doing I used it, but after doing a lot of research I decided not to do it.

I decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting banned, plus I also heard that doing this can potentially bring dead traffic to your channel (subs that never watch your videos, people that watch the first 15 seconds of a video but then click away immediately, etc) which can have it's own negative consequences depending on how the YouTube algorithm uses that data.

As a general rule, I try to stay away from these traffic exchange websites. Years ago when I didn't know what I was doing I used it, but after doing a lot of research I decided not to do it.

I decided it wasn't worth the risk of getting banned, plus I also heard that doing this can potentially bring dead traffic to your channel (subs that never watch your videos, people that watch the first 15 seconds of a video but then click away immediately, etc) which can have it's own negative consequences depending on how the YouTube algorithm uses that data.

Well I'm not going to use then if it puts my channel at risk of getting banned

this is exactly right.

doing this can potentially bring dead traffic to your channel (subs that never watch your videos, people that watch the first 15 seconds of a video but then click away immediately, etc) which can have it's own negative consequences depending on how the YouTube algorithm uses that data.

I wouldn't worry about getting banned, but like Kudojin said, BAD traffic is arguably worse than no traffic. No traffic means people haven't seen if your videos are good. BAD traffic (leaving after a few seconds) tells YT that your content is garbage and not to promote you at all.

I wouldn't worry about getting banned, but like Kudojin said, BAD traffic is arguably worse than no traffic. No traffic means people haven't seen if your videos are good. BAD traffic (leaving after a few seconds) tells YT that your content is garbage and not to promote you at all.

I don't think I will use this site I'll stick to Reddit and Google plus groups

If it sounds to good to be true it often is. And as others have pointed out: YouTube does not take kindly to people buying views and or subscribers from websites. You need to get there organically. But, if you ask me the question I will say yes. People have gotten big using those cheater sites. People flock to others with high subscriber numbers because they want to be part of something big.

If it sounds to good to be true it often is. And as others have pointed out: YouTube does not take kindly to people buying views and or subscribers from websites. You need to get there organically. But, if you ask me the question I will say yes. People have gotten big using those cheater sites. People flock to others with high subscriber numbers because they want to be part of something big.
I don't disagree, but what's "something big". Most of us are below 100k. I don't consider that big. Unless you buy 1million followers I don't think people will want to jump on the bandwagon due to sub count alone. Who doesn't want to be part of Pewdiepie's historic 50million? But be part of my first 10k? Not the same draw hah

As a general rule, will traffup or whatever send you real, interested viewers eager for your content, or send your garbage bots. You can send 50M hits to your videos, but if they are 2 second bouncy bots, you're hanging yourself. Better have 50 real people watch and interact on your videos, enjoy them and come back for more, than 50M crap hits.

And there's nothing worse than going to the 'videos' tab of a channel, seeing a dozen videos with 20 views and one video with 22M views, and 300 subs on the channel. Obviously someone paid $22 for those hits. It's so obvious to a casual observer, surely an algo written by dozens of maths and astrophysics PhDs will pick that up.

YouTube are crystal clear in their rules about this:

"Views generated by some third-party businesses and services will not be counted or reflected on YouTube, and can lead to disciplinary action against your account, including removal of the video or account suspension."

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3399767?hl=en

____

And before anyone says "but these are real views" - No they're not. - Real views are views from people who found your channel all by themselves and genuinely want to watch your content, who will sub, like and comment and share etc and then come back for more.

Google employ some of the smartest engineers on the planet and their algorithms can easily detect artificial sub/view exchanges. ie lots of channels suddenly watching each other's videos. All you'd be achieving is at best seeing your view count increase artificially in the short term. But you wouldn't have gained any new fans and in the longer term, those views would probably be removed and quite possibly get your channel terminated.

Back