Wondering if streams hurt my channel.

RobB

I stream Concept Art, tips and advice every now and then. I try to keep them at an hour or so. My regulars really like the streams and we get a few dozen participants. ..but for non regulars the streams are not compelling content, they are long and the content can be wide and driven by chat, like 'can you look at my work and tell me what to do?'.

I suspect I am doing myself a disservice because I am putting streams into my channel and they often use the same keywords as my short videos. I want to attack my keyword, but if someone dives in and hits one of the stream videos, I believe they often dip out which causes me to lower my ranking on the keyword.

Suggestions or advice welcome! I've had about the last 'you should have more views' comment I can take haha.
16x16_robot-wink.png

I don't understand how it could harm you to make additional content. For example, if one video is about a game, and the other is a live stream on the game, the same tags could be on both.

I don't understand how it could harm you to make additional content. For example, if one video is about a game, and the other is a live stream on the game, the same tags could be on both.

I'm concerned that some videos are fairly good if you are not a fan, and the streams are fairly boring if you are not a fan. I want to convert more fans, but if they click on the stream first they might just bounce and leave the channel.

At the end of the day, if your regulars really like them you've got to keep it up. Your core regulars are the foundation that your house is being built on. Give them content they love, and they will help share your content for you!

Some people enjoy the streams, so I think you should keep doing them! They are obviously worth it if people enjoy them. I don't think Live streams harm a channel, I honestly feel like they are more helpful than anything. I love watching live streams, personally.

Back