Will this laptop be okay for my needs?

Ashish

I Love YTtalk
54442-hp-envy-17-box.jpg

HP ENVY DV6T

Intel Core i7-3630QM --- 2.4GHz
Windows 8 Home Premium 64-bit
Beats Audio
GeForce GT 650M(is this enough for making 720p videos)
8gb ram
750 gb hdd
1366 x 768

It should be enough but it depends on what kind of videos are you making?

Are you going to be gaming and what not?

Should be fine for basic projects, but as questioned above it also depends upon the kind of, and complexity, of the videos you wish to create.

Processor and RAM is enough for creating and rendering views well, if you're doing gaming videos the screen resolution is high enough for 1280x720 gameplay which is basic HD.. and the graphics card.. well it isn't the best but it should run most games at 1280x720 on at least medium settings :)
Also.. beats audio pretty much means nothing in a laptop :') I'm betting you can get a laptop with better specs just without beats audio for the same price or cheaper.

I generally tend to over spec as much as possible just to future proof.
I have a current gen top spec 13" MacBook Pro, but am now thinking I should have got a max spec 15" Retina instead.....I'm very tempted to sell up and get one! Lol

Right. I would just mimic what everyone is saying - What are you doing? Regular Vids? HD Vlog Vids? Vids with games? HD Vids with games? ETC.

Are you using it to play games or just render?
It will render fine, will be a bit on the slow side though (no SSD, mid-range graphics) but will do the job.

Back