Will this get taken off YouTube?

Landgreen

Hi all.

I have read the YouTube TOS and community guidelines, however I'm not fully sure if our video would translate to breaking these rules.

We have a reasonably new channel, but decent viewership, we go in for being genuine and we're not making any money off the content. Our next upload will only involve a presenter speaking to the camera with a few captions as visual reinforcement, but the nature of the content is as follows: We want to point out some of the real scams that exist in the fitness industry related to:

- Supplement companies.

- Fitness magezines.

- Online gurus.

- Personal trainers.

etc..

Although in truth, people do need to have an awareness of these things, we are concerned about putting it up - that it may be flagged for multiple reasons such as:

- Appearing as hate speech toward the fitness industry or inciting generalised hate.

- Ticking off members of the fitness industry.

Even though we DO point out that we're not trying to incite hate, generalise, nor do we 'name' any specific fitness company names.. but rather say that "some companies are.." etc..

We decided we want to put this up because it's the truth, we want to get the truth out there and other people we spoke to agree.. but is it worth it if we get kicked off Youtube?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

absolutley (damn YTT and the rest of the internet.. can we get spell check for forum??.. or turn off the dam red underline??? Don't tell me wrong if you ain't offering a suggestion) nothing you have suggested there is against TOS to my best knowledge. Just make all your own content so that you own IP to everything uploaded. Also, topics that evoke an emotion or are helpful to someone are sure to get more interaction and growth so it sounds like a great idea for a channel topic.
You can dislike what ever you like .. thats not hate speech. I'm think by hate speech that applies to something different.. like being an a** to minorities, race, someones belief etc. Thats not what your suggesting. Its also not harassment to anyone if you are generalising as a pose to targeting an individual or named company etc.

Thanks Uhooh, made some very valid points there. In fact I'd nearly say you cleared it all up in that reply. I think yes it's right to proceed, thanks.

Back