Why Video Game Movies don’t work

FireShock

I've Got It
Ah Video Game Movies, how rubbish nearly all of you are.

Since the Super Mario Bros movie back in 1993, they have often been seen as the bottom of the barrel, the worst and least enjoyable movies to spend your money at the cinema on. Video Games and Movies should mix so well. They should be some of the best cinema, has to offer.

Instead, they are some of worse type of movies to watch. Sadly, Video Game Movies are always going to be around forever till the end of time. The good ones are few and far between.

But why? Why are Video Game Movies like this and is there a reason behind why they are nearly always terrible?

Well, let’s try and find out why Video Game Movies don't work.

Enjoy :)

Nice work!

I think sometimes the studios are so focused on bringing in the fans by going down a checklist of brand elements that they forget they're working in a completely different medium with different narrative qualities and requirements.

Nice work!

I think sometimes the studios are so focused on bringing in the fans by going down a checklist of brand elements that they forget they're working in a completely different medium with different narrative qualities and requirements.
Thanks bud glad u enjoyed the vid :)

If they ever make a film about the last of us and mess it up we are all screwed, but i believe video game movies have a chance like some movies adapted from manga (very few) all we need is someone who actually cares about story and is a competent storyteller

Back