Why the hate on no commentary gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just do whatever makes you happy.
Yeah just gameplay is easier than with commentary, but it doesn't makes you lazier. You just like to share gameplay with other people on the internet. I started doing this like 7 years ago, and back than on youtube there was no making big money with games. So I was never in for the money. The thing I hate these days is that everyone thinks that everyone who uploads does it for the money.

And for every subject there are people on youtube that want to see it. Actually I wanted to start a cooking channel, but I don't have any experiance with cooking. I burn the water and I don't have a good kitchen to record. But that has totally nothing to do with why I upload gameplay.

Aside from the copyright issues with not commentating. You have the issue of separating yourself from the rest f the gaming community. In order to stand out you need to either be funnier. Have better reactions. Be pro. Or have something to offer that people don't usually see. With no commentary videos it makes it really hard to stand above the rest. It's not that people don't like it it's that it's not the best marketing decision.

So, your saying I'm lazy just because I want to record my gameplay for fun and to archive it to see how many fails/wins may occur? Whats wrong with just doing something you like? Theres already too many commentators to compete, and MAYBE the person watching a no commentary playthrough does not have the game/no money to buy it, or some other reason?
Look just because you like doing something doesn't mean it's not lazy.

Some people might like making a simple let's play, whilst others might like making huge super edited montages. They both enjoy both, but one takes more effort to make than the other.

Look just because you like doing something doesn't mean it's not lazy.

Some people might like making a simple let's play, whilst others might like making huge super edited montages. They both enjoy both, but one takes more effort to make than the other.
Being lazy aint so bad lol. It's all I've got really.

I think I can call myself a Pro-crastinator. :)
You could say that you...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
(⌐■_■)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
What was I going to say?

I think Youtube is all about "adding value" regardless of the type of channel. The easier something is to do, the more people you'll have doing it and therefore the harder it is for your channel to stand out from the others.

For me, no-commentary's sorta boring. Unless it's some sort of montage of cool/interesting stuff that speaks for itself, such as strange glitches, skillful kills, speedruns, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back