Why the hate on no commentary gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it really is more entertaining to have someones commentary over games such as GTA V, Beyond, etc, but I don't get the hate for no commentary gameplay.

I do no commentary, I do minimal editing to avoid copyright strikes (Im partnered with Curse, no strike for 100+ no commentary gameplays) I attracted 40k views and almost 100 subs within 3 months, so there is an audience for everything

I do a lot of indie games with cool music (140, Electronic Super Joy, etc) and people don't want to hear commentary over the amazing music in those games.

I'm doing fine so far, I'm just hoping I don't get any strikes, I have to be sure to read the legal notices for recording for specific games/publishers.

Popular channels like Hassanalhajry, Mkiceandfire, etc, are successful with no commentary gaming, and those are the people who inspired me to even start a youtube channel.

If you read this, thanks.

Because it requires 0 effort on the part of the gamer and in some cases the video can not even be construed as fair use anymore due to that fact.

Can you earn revenue with no commentary (With a gaming network of course)

I'm doing no commentary walkthroughs myself and its fine(just read the publisher policy on website) usually the most are oke with it. Big channels like MKiceandfire and RajmangamingHD all uploading nothing more than No commentary gameplay walkthroughs and doing fine.

Can you earn revenue with no commentary (With a gaming network of course)

@BTierK2

Hi

This thread is from 2013. Please don't bump very old threads - It is likely that some of the people are no longer active here and it is very confusing for those who are. ^^

Feel free to start a new thread discussing this topic or reply to a more recent existing thread that is discussing this (there are plenty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back