Why Good Custom Thumbnails Are Important

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I feel as though thumbnails are very important, but as a small channel I am not able to add custom thumbnails yet. What are the requirements needed to be able to make custom thumbnails for youtube videos.

Thanks in advance for the tip.
If your channel isn't monetized yet, you won't have the option for custom thumbnails IIRC.

You can still do it though:

Video manager > channel settings

on this screen, scroll down and I bet custom thumbnails is disabled. If that's the case, you'll need to verify your account:

-scroll back up and click on the "verify" button.
-follow the instructions on the screen

Reactions: daviddoesgaming

daviddoesgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you CrownAcademyEnglish,
That worked perfectly. I am now able to upload a custom thumbnail for my videos. I guess I have my work cut out for me this afternoon.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thank you CrownAcademyEnglish,
That worked perfectly. I am now able to upload a custom thumbnail for my videos. I guess I have my work cut out for me this afternoon.

Thanks again.
You're welcome and good luck with the thumbs. :up:

Gamevolution657

I've Got It
Reaction score
I feel as though thumbnails are very important, but as a small channel I am not able to add custom thumbnails yet. What are the requirements needed to be able to make custom thumbnails for youtube videos.

Thanks in advance for the tip.
Not sure bud, but to be honest im still a small channel and I have had them for some time!!

Gamevolution657

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have them now. Thanks to the help of this thread.
Good stuff, make sure you use them, I have just downloaded GIMP and learnt how to outline my text so it is nice and bold, looks awesome!! I will add some pics to this thread at a later date to show how you can learn if you put your mind to it.

daviddoesgaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Good stuff, make sure you use them, I have just downloaded GIMP and learnt how to outline my text so it is nice and bold, looks awesome!! I will add some pics to this thread at a later date to show how you can learn if you put your mind to it.
Cool stuff Gamvolution657, I did some work yesterday putting a few things together for my thumbnails. I am just using a simple online image editor. I think I am just going to create a screenshot within the EP. and then place text with Series Name and EP number. GIMP would also be a good program to use. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: Gamevolution657

MegaBoringGuy

Biggest Painted On Muscles You've Ever Seen, Baby
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my opinion, your text is too small and doesn't really stand out/pop out at the viewer.

Relex

Potato Master
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thumbnails is like a free sample ,would you take the plain ice cream, or the ice cream with toppings and high quality cones and everything.

lanuigi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for the good tips...I think its always important to get the attention on someone to watch your video and thumbnails are sorta the only opening you have