Why do my videos look worse on YT?

Neimos

Liking YTtalk
Hi guys!
I've got this strange problem I just noticed (after a long time on yt), that my videos for some reason look worse on youtube than when I'm playing them straight from my computer. I know that YT compresses the files, but the difference is quite big. I'm uploading mostly let's plays in 60fps. on YT gameplay footage is watered down and facecam is diferently collor graded.
Those are my rendering settings:
Frame Rate: 60
Profile: High
Level: 5.1
Bitrate Encoding: VBR 2 pass
Target Bitrate: 15
Max Bitrate: 60

Thanks for any help and advice :)
~Neimos[DOUBLEPOST=1499277957,1499276883][/DOUBLEPOST]Example:
XMQids.jpg
dYY4Ro.jpg

I was poking around at a couple of your videos and was watching them in 1080p at 60fps. They looked clear, sharp and I did not notice anything wrong or unusual with the color grading from the Facecam as you mentioned earlier. The video I was looking at closely was "Mages of Mystralia #3."

Youtube does compress down videos a little bit, don't get me wrong. But to me your settings and video quality are good. Even my slow internet loads them rather well. If it's not your internet messing with the quality of your video then might I recommend trying some different settings until you find the one you are most content with. =]

Update: From the pictures I see above Youtube just adds some contrast to your video. Which makes it slightly harder to see details like on the crates to the right. Do you color correct and add contrast to your videos before uploading them?

I don't touch the gameplay footage, I only color correct the facecam. It's not only contrast. It looks like comparing full HD video with an 480 or worse one :/

Back