Why are videos I export as 720P clear but videos exported as 1080P are blurry once uploaded to YT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical

I am ripping my hair out over this as I cannot figure out this problem I'm having. Once I've finished editing a video and export it as 1280X720 res it is clear once I upload it to youtube... but if I export this video in 1920X1080 res the video is blurry once I upload it to youtube. I thought by exporting the video in HIGHER res makes it best quality???... but it's doing the opposite for me!

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I use wondershare filmora to edit videos.

Anyone help or advice is tremendously appreciated! Thanks.

Hi. Okay so it sounds like the native resolution of your video is 1280X720 res. So when you try upload it at a higher resolution, your simply stretching the video and thats creating the blur.

Now this could be one of 2 things. Either your converting clips from around the internet and your converting them into a 1280X720 resalution by mistake, or when your setting up your editing software, you haven't set the native resolution of said project to 1920X1080.

Unfortunately I dont use wondershare filmora, so I'm not going to be help with that. Hope this helps

I am ripping my hair out over this as I cannot figure out this problem I'm having. Once I've finished editing a video and export it as 1280X720 res it is clear once I upload it to youtube... but if I export this video in 1920X1080 res the video is blurry once I upload it to youtube. I thought by exporting the video in HIGHER res makes it best quality???... but it's doing the opposite for me!

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I use wondershare filmora to edit videos.

Anyone help or advice is tremendously appreciated! Thanks.
I had this problem before and changing the bit rate helped, but in the long run I got a new computer and used the same settings and they now come out crystal clear even on YouTube. Not exactly sure why it looks good on the computer and YouTube butchers it, but I think bit rate has a lot to do with it.

I'd love to write out a lengthy explanation. Though I probably wouldn't do the topic justice. I HIGHLY recommend Tom Scott's video "Why Snow and Confetti Ruin Video Quality."

Thanks for all the responses... I just watched (Tom Scott's video "Why Snow and Confetti Ruin Video Quality")... but I'm still confused.... because even when I turn the bite rate up very high the video is blurry after it's uploaded to youtube.

I recorded my own video using a new Nikon COOLPIX A900 Camera I just bought (so I'm not altering random videos). I also don't see a possible way to set the native res in Filmora (the editing software I'm using). I exported the video using the default export settings which are shown in my attached screenshot... the video looks clear ONLY when using the default setting which is 1280X720 res with 5000 KBPS (bite rate).... if I change res or increase bite rate then video is blurry after it's uploaded to youtube.

When I increased the bit rate any higher than 5000 the video become blurry after it's uploaded to youtube. I also have a new ultrabook running windows 10 pro... so I know this problem isn't related to my computer.

Any further ideas? This is driving me crazy... I just don't get it :( Thanks

Attachments

• setting.jpg
    setting.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
Try recording in 1080p. Only then will 1080p have any effect on the video. It's like recording in 144p and expecting it to render well in HD.

Try recording in 1080p. Only then will 1080p have any effect on the video. It's like recording in 144p and expecting it to render well in HD.

I did record it in 1080p... my camera records in 1080p and I just double checked and it did indeed record the video in 1080p.... so I don't understand why youtube makes the video blurry if I export the video as 1080p after editing it.

It is ONLY blurry once I upload the video to youtube... the video is crystal clear on my desktop UNTIL I upload it to youtube. I don't understand why this is happening...

I did record it in 1080p... my camera records in 1080p and I just double checked and it did indeed record the video in 1080p.... so I don't understand why youtube makes the video blurry if I export the video as 1080p after editing it.

It is ONLY blurry once I upload the video to youtube... the video is crystal clear on my desktop UNTIL I upload it to youtube. I don't understand why this is happening...
Right. Can you let me know a few things?

1. What are your render settings?
  2. What is the quality of the original file
  3. Is there a lot of motion in the video?
And also, the moment you upload something to YouTube. It will get compressed. This is something you should know. It takes your video and using their servers. It re-renders the file a whole bunch of times so that the video works well on every device. Which means your video is NOT going to keep the original bit rate. Have you tried using YouTube's recommended settings?

Just look up "YouTube bitrate" and it should come up with their recommended settings. Try that.

Right. Can you let me know a few things?

1. What are your render settings?
  2. What is the quality of the original file
  3. Is there a lot of motion in the video?
And also, the moment you upload something to YouTube. It will get compressed. This is something you should know. It takes your video and using their servers. It re-renders the file a whole bunch of times so that the video works well on every device. Which means your video is NOT going to keep the original bit rate. Have you tried using YouTube's recommended settings?

Just look up "YouTube bitrate" and it should come up with their recommended settings. Try that.

I just realized something weird... the videos are ALWAYS crystal clear when I play them on youtube on my cell phone... but when I play the vidoes on youtube on my laptop it is always blurry UNLESS I exported the video in 1280X720p with 5000 bit rate which is the DEFAULT render setting in my video editor... it will ONLY be clear when exported with those default render settings. (Note: videos are ALWAYS crystal clear when played on my desktop and only become blurry once uploaded to youtube unless I exported the video using the mentioned default render settings)

I don't understand what is going on? Is there some setting in my youtube account on my laptop that is awry? I have a few youtube accounts and they all do this.

The video only plays clear on youtube from my laptop if I export the video in the below DEFAULT render settings which is the below:

Format: MP4
Frame rate:30fps
Res: 1280X1080
Bit Rate: 5000kbps

All of the below render settings I tried make my video play blurry on youtube on my laptop...

Res: 1280X1080
Bit Rate: 8000kbps

Res: 1920X1080
Bit Rate: 10000kbps

Bit Rate: 5000kbps

Bit Rate: 8000kbps

The video is only 30 seconds long and is just an average boring vlog... so it doesn't have crazy amounts of motion or anything. The quality is very good... my camera shot video in 1080p....

Thanks for any possible further ideas... much appreciate the help and responses thus far!

How long did you wait before you watched it on YouTube? I had also a blurry video once right after uploading, but a bit later the video became sharper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back