Why am I gaining subs but not views?

YourNameHere

Hey all,
I've been recording videos on my channel for about 3 or 4 months now. In the first few months I was doing very well, I hit 100 subs and got a really good view/sub ratio in about the first month. Since then, it has started to slow down but I understand that is normal for YT channels. I am still gaining subs, more slowly than before but still going up but my views seem to be decreasing. I do not do any stupid sub for subs or any gimmicks like that, I try to gain genuine, organic subs that enjoy my content. I have seen many channels die around 500-800 subs because they get terrible views, like sometimes even below the level of mine and I have 169 subscribers. I really don't want to end up in that channel graveyard, but I am worried about that becoming my future. Any tips or ideas? Why would my subs go up but my views go down?

Also quick question, any tips to keep growing the way I did before? Its been like a month and some of my friends are growing much faster than I am. am I doing something wrong?

Thanks so much!
Josh

Last edited:
Hi, Josh! I'm pretty new to YouTube, so I'm still learning about the sub-to-views ratio, as well. But, I've found promoting my videos on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter usually makes my views go up a bit. It's also important to be patient, as views usually accumulate over a long span of time. Hope this helped!

Hey! We've all experienced less views than before. Several things may be causing it.

Your audience that was being reached is on vacation, etc. and does not have the time to watch your videos because they are enjoying their vacation (Most US schools are out right now and as such, doing summer things).

You may have fallen a bit on your SEO. Check your tags, and make sure you are doing proper tagging.

You may have changed your style and people don't like that. I recommend going back and looking at what you used to do and see how people like that!

Hi, Josh! I'm pretty new to YouTube, so I'm still learning about the sub-to-views ratio, as well. But, I've found promoting my videos on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter usually makes my views go up a bit. It's also important to be patient, as views usually accumulate over a long span of time. Hope this helped!

Thanks so much! I will set up a Twitter for sure. Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1466009789,1466009596][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! We've all experienced less views than before. Several things may be causing it.

Your audience that was being reached is on vacation, etc. and does not have the time to watch your videos because they are enjoying their vacation (Most US schools are out right now and as such, doing summer things).

You may have fallen a bit on your SEO. Check your tags, and make sure you are doing proper tagging.

You may have changed your style and people don't like that. I recommend going back and looking at what you used to do and see how people like that!
Thanks for the pointers! I don't believe I've changed much with my SEO (although I was never very good with that to begin with), and I think my style isn't changing, but the quality of my videos. My videos are getting better in my opinion, I got a new mic, I keep my videos entertaining, and I just think it's getting better. I guess this kind of bump is just part of YouTube, and I will find an opportunity or something that will help me grow. Time to grind!

Worse than sub for sub, is something that's happened to me, and I call it sub and run. I'll get some comment like nice video sub me if you can . Then a sub. Then nothing ever again. They expect me to get them back or something? I hate it, but it's out of your control.

Worse than sub for sub, is something that's happened to me, and I call it sub and run. I'll get some comment like nice video sub me if you can . Then a sub. Then nothing ever again. They expect me to get them back or something? I hate it, but it's out of your control.
If noticed a couple of those myself. It's really unfortunate to be honest. People assume that higher numbers mean they make higher quality content, and it hurts other YouTubers. I assume that everyone gets at least a few of those. I wish there was a way to remove like ghost subscribers or something, except that would cause the problem that happened recently where YouTube removed active subscribers. Oh well.

I wonder how much time goes before a channel gets deleted from inactivity.. Probably never and only When the channel is manually deleted

Back