Who’s in this boat?

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
its been sometime now but my views have dropped and my subscribers aren’t getting notifications that my video was posted. I’m hearing a lot of big youtubers also complaining about this. Who else is getting affected and what have you done to help?

its been sometime now but my views have dropped and my subscribers aren’t getting notifications that my video was posted. I’m hearing a lot of big youtubers also complaining about this. Who else is getting affected and what have you done to help?

Hey I checked out your channel and I can see where you're coming from. I don't have the same level of success on youtube as you do but I have done some research into this field and slowly applying it my videos too. Youtube's algorithm changes almost every month so I think you have to optimise your keywords in your Video title, description and tags. Before I post anything I make sure to check a good title using TubeBuddy's tag explorer and that gives a good indication on optimal key words to use based on search volume and how much competition you have being ranked higher as other people would be using similar words. Always view Youtube as a search engine and I would say optimise your key words and share in as many places like this forum and reddit for example. I hope this helped you and I personally like your DIY videos I find them to provide a lot of value. Good Luck :)

Yes, I’ve heard the same thing. I don’t really know what to say about it but I take into consideration many don’t have notifications on and some accounts may be dead.

Yeah that’s happing to a lot of YouTubers. That’s why you have to turn on the nonfiction bell to recive notifications, but sometimes that’s doesn’t really work. Some channels I’m subscribed to I don’t get a notification that they uploaded a new video until a couple days later.

i think music is too loud as soon as video is played so a lot of people just close them. I would keep music at -10-12 db compared to speech

Views have stagnated for months. I rarely get the highs of the good old pre august 2016 days. The bottom fell out, and it never really recovered. YouTube has changed, people have flooded it over the years, and if you aren't established already you are jumping in a crowd that is doing exactly the same things to become relevant. It is best to "give up" and just create. There is nothing you can do to become the next big thing. It is in the hand of others, big YouTubers and big sites. If the right person or site picks up a video you could be one of the greats in no time. The only way to get noticed is to stop trying to get noticed. People really have a dislike for people shouting "Me Me Me" all the time. Lots of big YouTubers loose their biggest fans because they themselves are turning into Me Me Me with click-bait titles. They'll still see a net gain of subscribers however, because everyone follows big YouTubers. Because it is cool following big and famous people, and smaller YouTubers hope others notice them and check out their channel. It is a never ending circle, and one I have stepped out a long time ago.

According to Darrel Eves (and others), the algorithm is what is effecting your sub box. As you've probably noticed, YT serves up videos to you according to what you've already watched and apparently that is what's going on with your inbox as well. If you sub to someone and they post a video that the algorithm doesn't think is relevant to what you usually watch, you aren't going to see it.

It's massively stupid but that's what it is.

Having a schedule is an alternative way instead of notifications, my subs know that i always post on mondays, wednesdays and sundays. In a way they roughly know when to check back even if they missed the notification. Also I also do announce on my facebook and twitter when a new video is out.

Back