Where to shoot videos?

MattBrotz

I would like to start making videos, but since I'm young and live in an apartment with my family some videos wouldn't work/ turn out the best. And when the weather is bad, outside wouldn't work either, I'm trying to think of some where that would work. Do you have any suggestions.

Thanks, Matt.

Outside is the best place, I would wait until the weather is good, you get much better lighting

I suggest using your bedroom to begin with even if it is small you could try to make the most of it for now. If theres no way you can use it I wonder if theres any youth type groups local to you where you may be able to record in one of their buildings every so often, its not perfect for vlogging though but worth a shot if you have nowhere else to do them.

Your room would be good get a couple lamps for lighting.. if you are going to shoot outside.. before 11 am and then again after 4 or 5 pm for the best lighting..

I prefer the public bathroom. Surprisingly it has great fluorescent lighting in there. But otherwise try to do it at home, it's the most convenient location.

Everyone is saying things like "outside if the weather is good!" and asking trivial questions like your location like it matters. Protip: It doesn't. The best place? Your house. Mak the best out of what you have. Use a wall. Clear the photos/everything else off of it and set up a few lamps to get adequate lighting.

Everyone is saying things like "outside if the weather is good!" and asking trivial questions like your location like it matters. Protip: It doesn't. The best place? Your house. Mak the best out of what you have. Use a wall. Clear the photos/everything else off of it and set up a few lamps to get adequate lighting.

I definitely agree. I live with my family too, so I film in a tiny space, but you can't tell so much, as long as it isn't cluttered and is well-lit.

Back